DISH Network L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forklift Operator/Order Picker
at DISH Network L.L.C.
- Job ID
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH is seeking a Forklift Operator to support the loading, unloading, order picking fulfillment, palletization of customer orders, and material movement within or near our distribution facility in Denver, CO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Opens up to 150 boxes per day (includes removing required documentation from outside of boxes)
- Palletize and removes empty boxes & foam containers from receiving area
- Sorts inbound boxes by type
- Order picking fulfillment, as well as building and palletizing customer orders
- Completes shipping/receiving paperwork with low percentage of errors (rack, pallet & system travelers)
- Prepares and ships finished goods material
- Ensures a clean and safe work place is maintained
This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position and other duties may be assigned.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- HS diploma or GED required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Adhere to established safety, quality, & performance standards while meeting department accuracy quota
- Capable of following verbal & written directions in all job assignments
- Capable of packing, stacking, wrapping, docking, loading, unloading & shipping as necessary within specified time frames
- Verify material part numbers & quantities upon receipt utilizing accompanying paperwork
- Responsible for pulling material needed for sales orders, work orders, sub-inventory, or inter organizational transfers
- Label received or transferred material correctly & consolidate material as required
- Lock & unlock trailer restraints & dock locks. Mark & tag orders on the dock (after shrink wrapping pallets)
- Must follow first in, first out (FIFO) material usage & movement as required
- Monitor dock areas & keep them organized
- May interact with customers during customer pick up order processing as required
- May utilize computers, appropriate applications, & programs to process inventory, orders, & other necessary documents
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not a comprehensive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, read and interpret documents and instructions; frequent identification of letters, numbers, and symbols in a technology environment. The employee must have the ability to use a keyboard and equipment typically found in a manufacturing/warehouse work setting. Individuals must have the ability to lift 45 lbs. and stand for long periods of time and the ability to operate a pallet jack loaded with receivers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position works in/near moving mechanical parts and may be in a non-temperature controlled work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Distribution Supervisor or Manager