DISH Network L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Multicultural Content Lead
at DISH Network L.L.C.
- Job ID
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, Starz, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Multicultural Content Lead Position
We are recruiting for a Multicultural Content Lead to assist in securing distribution rights for international video services on both DISH platforms (DBS and OTT). The work environment in the International Programming department is extremely fast-paced, with more than 150 transactions (new launches and renewals) closing each year and an equal number of accounts to manage.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Work closely with the International Programming business team and legal staff to address contract terms, agreements, and amendments.
- Manage programmer relationships, serving as the the point of contact for contracts, tax forms, operational, and payment issues.
- Provide market intelligence, exploring ethnic programming opportunities and evaluating network content.
- Prepare and maintain summaries and reports as necessary.
- Remain up-to-date on retention, acquisition, and monetization opportunities as presented and executed by the International Marketing team.
- Assist with deal support, including analysis of COGS, margins/revenue, and subscriber trends.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university plus at least three-years related experience and/or training.
- Exposure to contracts, legal terms, and long-form agreements; negotiation, presentation, and resolution skills; and a professional demeanor. Creativity in deal-making and in developing new processes a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. Knowledge of database basics (e.g. Microsoft Access) and Tableau helpful.
- Sound qualitative and quantitative skills and the ability to be independently accountable within a collaborative and communicative team.
- Passion for working with foreign cultures and the television industry.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills in addition to a high focus on building strong internal and external business relationships.