DISH Network L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Data Analyst
at DISH Network L.L.C.
- Job ID
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The DISH Product Management team is responsible for the creation and introduction of cutting-edge consumer television products and features, such as the Hopper 3, PrimeTime Anytime, AutoHop, the 4K Joey, the HopperGO, and the DISH Anywhere. We are looking for dynamic, intelligent, high-energy individual to join this team. An ideal person would be passionate about numbers and data while knowing how to leverage their data analytics skills to present impactful insights to the broader company.
- Partner with product managers, engineers and other teams to solve or identify problems through the analysis of trends in large data sets
- Drive, influence and support product decisions by translating data into clear and actionable insights
- Build, automate and analyze product metrics through dashboards and datamarts
- Develop recommendations to improve current business models and operations by doing root cause analysis, best practice benchmarking, etc.
- Provide analytical support for internal company projects (existing and potential new products)
- Monitor all key metrics, weekly and monthly reports to identify areas of concern and/or opportunity
- Develop relationships and collaborate with other departments in DISH to gather data essential to driving insights
- Champion projects and initiatives to align with budget goals and insights discovered through data analysis
- Assist in the architecture of systems required to collect and evaluate the data needed to drive informed product decisions
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Product Manager will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (or relevant data analytics experience)
- Prior experience working with large data sets, BI and data visualization
- High proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel and Tableau for analyzing and dashboarding large amount of data and proficient in ERP systems analytics tools (e.g. Hadoop, AWS, Teradata etc.)
- Comfortable with and expert level knowledge in statistics, probabilities, algebraic expressions, new data tools and analysis methods
- Well-developed oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to summarize complex concepts into understandable and easy-to-follow presentation materials
- Excellent communication skills and be able to speak truth to power
- Strong work ethic; personable and must be able to prioritize tasks and deliverables
Good to have:
- Proficiency in R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of Clarabridge and Qualtrics for Survey Data analysis