DISH Network L.L.C.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Full Stack Java Engineer
at DISH Network L.L.C.
- Job ID
- Information Technology
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Full Stack Java Engineer will be working on our Customer Facing Application development teams in our Denver office. They will be working in an extremely collaborative and fast-paced environment using both scrum and XP methodologies. This role will be helping to create a new application our call centers across the country will be utilizing daily.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work in a fast-paced agile driven extreme programming environment with focus on test driven development and CI/CD
- Provide technical/architectural solutions to the team for solving complex business problems
- Translate documented requirements/stories from Rally into object oriented pattern based code in Java, Spring framework
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to guide and mentor junior developers on various tasks
- Maintain and support existing systems and services
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Senior Full Stack Java Engineer will have the following:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor of Science preferred with 5+ years of professional Development experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Full stack engineer with good design skills, a passion for innovation and solving complex technical problems.
- Java and object oriented pattern based development experience with strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts
- Strong experience in Spring and Spring Boot is required.
- Experience with delivering projects in agile environment using SCRUM/XP methodologies.
- Prior web services development experience with SOAP or REST.
- Good understanding of micro services architecture using API gateway.
- Experience with PL SQL Developer, Oracle / SQL Server, NoSQL databases is a plus
- Strong desire to learn with a "can do" attitude".