Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager, K-12
at DLR Group
Project Manager, K-12
The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Project Manager to help lead our K-12 Sector.
- Denver, CO
As a Project Manager at DLR Group you will be responsible for leading projects on budget and schedule while delivering design excellence. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative designer with a strategic mindset and passion for education this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
You'll provide hands-on supervision to architectural, engineering and design staff during all phases of the project as well as partner with vendors and consultants as needed. Additionally, you will occasionally interview in front of clients to win work.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to handle complex K-12 Education projects of the largest magnitude.
- Develop project Work Plans (schedule, budget, cartoon set) for project success.
- Be responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Serve as primary liaison contact with clients to bring projects to completion on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on the most complex projects.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work of less experienced project managers
- At least 10 years of experience leading and working on Education (K-12 or Higher Education) projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project for project scheduling, and Excel for budgeting and fee proposals.
- Must have a collaborative management style and strong people skills.
- Must have good communication and public speaking skills to participate in interviews and client presentations.
- Must be willing to travel as projects or tasks require.
- Licensed Architect in Colorado.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Interior Design from an accredited program.
- Five years K-12 project management experience.
- Some knowledge and use of Revit and AutoCAD.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.