Durango School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019/2020 Secondary Assistant Principal, 1.0 FTE
at Durango School District
Durango School District 9-R is accepting applications for Secondary Assistant Principal for the 2019/2020 school year. Location to be determined.
Job Title: Secondary Assistant Principal Pay Grade: Administrative Salary Schedule
Job Family: Administration FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Administration Typical Work Year: 205 Days
SUMMARY: Assist with the administration, supervision, guidance, and coordination of the educational program within a Middle, or High School in Durango School District 9-R, including building, curriculum, human resources, and financial resources management. This position draws on successful skills and experience in the following critical areas: instructional leadership, student-centered leadership, technological leadership, interpersonal skills, professional experiences, and effective communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The frequency and percentage of time of duties may vary based on building or department assignment.
D Assist with the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of staff.
D Supervise pupil; services programs, including positive behavior supports, discipline, attendance, guidance, special education, transportation, English Language Learner, and gifted and talented.
D Facilitate various building meetings, including team meetings, department meetings, student study, 504’s and staffings.
D Develop and implement various budgets, including athletics, fundraising, and co-curricular.
D Act as a liaison between school and community by responding to parent and community concerns/questions and promoting positive public relations.
D Assist with developing the Master Schedule.
D Implement safety drills for fire, lockdown, lockout, etc. Design and assign staff to supervision/duty assignments. Enforce school district discipline policies.
M Supervise and monitor student behavior in an effort to maintain an academic environment conducive to student achievement including, but not limited to, supervision during lunch, in the hallways and during cocurricular activities at night and after school.
D Support curriculum alignment with the Colorado Academic Standards through ongoing teacher observations and curriculum committee work.
D Monitor, maintain, and coordinate facility maintenance and usage.
D Develop and implement staff development opportunities. Supervise and monitor Professional Learning Communities
D Assist in implementing state and local assessment programs and gathering student data.
Ongoing - Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING: MA in Administration/Leadership/Curriculum and Instruction. First Aide Certification, Medication Administration, and CPR required within 3 months of hire.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in teaching, supervision and instructional leadership. Experience with data-driven school improvement processes that result in high academic achievement for all and elimination of achievement gaps.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS: Colorado Type D Certificate/Principal/Administrator’s License.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal relations and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Advanced skill in dealing with students and staff with diverse needs at various levels.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of and ability to develop, monitor and evaluate curriculum, instruction, discipline plans, IEP’s, and supervision/safety plans.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to promote and follow Board and District policies, Superintendent policies and building/department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Microcomputers and general office equipment.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Student Information Systems
Durango School District 9-R is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact Laura Galido, Compliance Officer, Durango School District 9-R, 201 E 12th Street, Durango, CO 81301, (970) 247-5411, email@example.com, or the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 Spear Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3582, (303) 844-5695.
Job Contact Information
Friday, February 1, 2019 12:00 AM -
Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)