Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SECURITY OFFICER $300 SIGNING BONUS-FT
at Edgewater Casino
- Must provide courteous and friendly service to all guests and co-workers.
- Maintain vigilance at assigned posts for all activities.
- Maintain routine patrols throughout the premises while on watch for criminal activities and any general non-compliance to company rules and policies.
- Attempt to provide safe, secure transportation of house monies between one point to another.
- Provide visual surveillance of all areas in an attempt to detect fire and safety hazards which might compromise the well being of life and property.
- Keep alert for undesirables, juveniles (persons under the age of 21 years in the casino), slot cheats, purse thieves, and other persons who are disruptive to the establishment.
- Provide all escorts and act as a runner for gaming requests such as pit fills.
- Provide detailed written incident reports which document problems in accordance with the P & P Manual.
- Acquire knowledge of the procedures and operations of all emergency equipment (including warning and announcement devices) located throughout the property.
- Acquire knowledge on the operation of all fire detection and suppression equipment property wide.
- Acquire knowledge of CPR and basic first aid within the allotted time frame given by the Manager.
- Acquire knowledge of and skills in the use of protective devices, handcuffs and basic defensive tactics.
- Acquire an understanding of the Nevada Statutes, Chapter 465 laws on cheating, OSHA mandates, and ADA mandates.
- All duties and tasks assigned by the Security Director, Security Shift Manager, and the Vice President Security & Surveillance.
- Patrol property and attempt to protect assets as needed.
- Complete appropriate fills and runs using the proper procedures, ensuring that ALL necessary documents are signed.
- Answer telephone using the proper telephone etiquette and dispatches to the appropriate departments.
- Respond to and handle emergencies using the proper methods, and the correct safety procedures.
- Escort team members to the appropriate bank for daily drops.
- Attempt to provide security and protection for guests and team members.
- Attempt to maintain law and order on property in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies.
- Handle all monetary transactions between the casino cage and the gaming tables in compliance with the State Gaming Regulations, and by management.
- Secure and attempt to protect the casino cage.
- Change all boxes on the gaming tables for the count on each shift: Boxes from each shift are to be taken to the soft count room for proper storage.
- Maintain a written log of incidents involving guests or team members and prepare additional detailed reports as may be required. Document and effectively write reports on all incidents.
- Administer first aid and assist injured guests and team members.
- React promptly to disturbances at the gaming tables, bar area or any other areas assigned during shift.
- Receive instructions on how to use oxygen and first aid equipment.
- Stand by the casino cashier cage whenever the cage is accessed by anyone other than a cage team member.
- Respond to fire alarms and other emergencies within the property.
- Conduct crowd control and direct traffic as needed.
EXPERIENCE: Military/Law Enforcement background experience is preferred.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
SKILLS: Excellent communication skills. Full knowledge and understanding of all hotel and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Good organizational skills required. Ability to perform basic math. Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing of memos and responding to correspondence. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to express leadership skills and manage several tasks at once. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Gaming Registration, Alcohol Awarness Card, Current Driver's License with excellent driving record.