Education Affiliates, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre-licensure Programs Director
at Education Affiliates, Inc.
About The Job
Denver College of Nursing, 140119th Street, Denver, CO, in the heart of LoDo has a current opening for a full time Pre-licensure Nursing Programs Director. Denver College of Nursing is affiliated with Education Affiliates, a company with approximately 50 post-secondary schools nationwide, with over 20 of these locations offering nursing programs. These schools are known as Fortis College, Fortis Institute, Denver College of Nursing and St. Paul's School of Nursing. Our programs range from practical nursing to BSN degrees.
The Director administers the pre-licensure nursing programs in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of Denver College of Nursing. The pre-licensure programs include the Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Associate Degree in Nursing programs. The Director assists with recruitment and hiring of faculty, creating course schedules and accompanying faculty assignments, facilitating curriculum development, advising students, textbook selection, participating in program evaluation, assisting in the resolution of student and faculty issues. This position reports to the Dean of Nursing Education Programs.
- Current active unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse or APRN in the State of Colorado or multistate privilege to practice in the State.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree and Doctoral degree in nursing or related field.
- Graduate of an approved professional nursing education program.
- At least five years practice experience as a Registered Nurse, with at least three years of experience as a faculty member in a professional nursing education program.
- Minimum of three (3) year successful experience in a nursing administrative or management role.
- Competent in personal computer applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email.
- Excellent written, oral communication and analytical skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Educational skills and ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Ability to serve as a positive, supportive, and enthusiastic role model that can be fast-paced and at times stressful.
- Successful completion of criminal background check, drug screening, appropriate immunizations and CPR and HIPAA certification.