Empire Distributors Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Denver CO, 2019-08-12
at Empire Distributors Inc
Empire Distributors Inc, A Leading Beverage Distributor is now hiring an Accounts Receivable Clerk. This person will record payments to customers' accounts, maintains accounts receivable records, prepares daily bank deposits, and maintains bank accounts. Our company offers excellent benefits, competitive wages and the potential for growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Opens and distributes incoming mail.
• Maintains customer account records, including banking or payment information.
• Verifies customers’ liquor license on Colorado state website.
• Submits wholesaler affidavits for State when an account is transitioning ownership.
• Answers accounts receivable phone/email inquiries and follows up until questions are resolved.
• Notifies Sales Representatives and Managers of discrepancies between invoice and payment amounts for their specific accounts.
• Notifies Sales Representatives and Managers when COD customers unable to pay, therefore delivery not made.
• Processes Supplier receivable payments.
• Prepares daily manual deposits, preparing tape to match all payments to actual deposit.
• Maintains two bank accounts; acts as primary contact in all bank correspondence and communication.
• Processes all “Dock Bump” and Direct Accounts receivables; tracks back to original order, if necessary, to collect.
• Researches customers’ claims of invoice payment.
• Calls and/or mails correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts and collect overdue invoices, including invoice copies as needed.
• Maintains files for mobile deposit.
• Researches/skip traces on delinquent accounts.
• Designates delinquent customers as “on hold”, and notifies appropriate Sales Representatives and Managers.
• Coordinates with collection attorney on bad debts, providing any necessary documentation.
• Researches and processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
• Prepares Delinquent Account Reporting for Colorado Liquor compliance.
• Runs and maintains 31-60 Day Reports, as required by State.
• Mails monthly statements to all customers.
• Trains designated teammate as backup for Accounts Receivable Clerk.
• Tracks Fed Ex expenses.
• Assists with related special projects as required.
• Acts as backup for Accounts Payable Clerk.
• Answers telephones as needed for back up.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Crystal reports, Microsoft Great Plains Business Management software, Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet, and Microsoft Word Processing software.
PLEASE COMPLETE ENTIRE APPLICATION - INCLUDE WORK HISTORY IN "RESUME" SECTION. NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY MAY CAUSE APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED.
Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. I understand that if I am hired, my employment will be for no definite period, regardless of the period of payment of my wages. I further understand that I am employed on an "at-will" basis which means that I have the right to terminate my employment at anytime with or without notice, and the Company has the same right. No one other than the President of the Company has authority to modify this relationship or make any agreement to the contrary. Any such modification or agreement must be in writing, signed by the President.
I understand that if I am hired this application and all supporting documents will become part of my permanent employee record.
I understand that the company reserves the right to require me to submit to a drug test at any time and also reserves the right to require me to submit to an alcohol test and/or medical examination to the extent permitted by law. I understand that the Company may contact my previous employers and I authorize those employers to disclose to the Company all records and other information pertinent to my employment with them, whether favorable or unfavorable. I also authorize the Company to provide truthful information concerning my employment with it to my future prospective employers and I agree to hold it harmless for providing such information.
By submitting this application, I certify that all information that I provide on this application and in any interview will be true, complete and accurate. I understand if I am employed and any such information is later found to be false, incomplete or misleading in any respect, I may be discharged. #CB
Empire Distributors, Inc. is proud to be associated with the following sister companies: Empire Distributors of North Carolina, Inc., Empire Distributors of Tennessee, Inc., and Baroness Small Wines, Inc. (Denver, CO). Together our mission is to be the very best at building brands and developing people.Empire Distributors is a wholesale alcoholic beverage distributor in the Southeast U.S. with over 800 teammates in nine locations. We are committed to offering our customers quality products at an outstanding value with exceptional customer service!
Our valued teammates are the direct link to our clients and the reason for our success. From merchandiser and sales jobs to driver and warehouse jobs, an array of career opportunities awaits you at Empire Distributors! We want to hear from you. Empire is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Empire provides equal opportunities to qualified applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans to compete for jobs. This obligation includes, if necessary, making reasonable accommodations for the application process to qualified individuals
Join the Empire Distributors Talent Network today! You can soon be on your way to a rewarding, new career!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.