Encore Electric, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Encore Electric, Inc.
# of Openings:
Performs conceptual and hard bid estimates in budgeting and procurement of new work for the organization. May act as a lead for Estimator I.
Maintain open communication lines with all working relationships
Follow up to ensure items for which the job is accountable are performed
Earn and maintain customer’s trust.
Uphold the core values of the organization.
Work well with others to accomplish the mission of the organization and of the job.
Performs Conceptual Estimating
- Deals directly with General Contractor or Vendor as a company representative regarding the estimate
- Understands the National Electric Code in order to review drawings for accuracy and completeness
- General understanding of requirements/standards used for
- Office buildings
- Typical buildings constructed in the Denver market
- Performs electrical layout of incomplete drawings ensuring the drawings are up to National Electric Code
- Read and understand architect provided narratives using independent judgment and discretion to apply the narrative to complete drawings
- Once conceptual drawings have been completed by Estimator II, enters information into estimating system
- Determines equipment cost in lieu of quotes based on independent judgment and experience
- Writes complete proposal and narrative describing conceptual layout developing a budget for the project based on incomplete information
- Performs pre-bid reviews (preliminary review before Preconstruction Manager’s final review)
- Tracks all cost impacts and changes along with generating cost alternatives (value engineering)
- Attends Preconstruction job meetings with/for Preconstruction managers representing the company to clients
- Tracks all cost impacts of job prior to turnover to construction
- Attends turnover meetings to explain estimate and budget to construction personnel for constructability
Performs hard bid estimates
- Perform full take off by scraping plans, counting fixtures and electrical equipment and entering information into the estimating system
- Send quotes out to vendors
- Enters and prices quotes from vendors into estimating system
- Scope quotes, checking subcontractor quotes and bids for completeness and recommends revisions where necessary
- Participates in vendor selection along with Preconstruction Manager
- Ensure the vendors priced a complete package and didn’t leave any holes in their quotes
- Assist in creating proposals for General Contractors
- Come up with qualifications based off the drawings they scraped
- Qualify exceptions Encore has taken to the drawings
- Explains deviations from drawings to General Contractor
- Answers general questions from the contractor about their estimate
- Scans plans to create a hard set of documents to send out for quotes from vendors
Other duties as may be assigned
- Common Building Standards/Practices
- National Electric Code sufficient to assist in making decisions which impact the project
- Electrical construction
- Alternating Current theory
- Electrical construction
- Tracking project changes and cost impacts
- Making independent decisions impacting the project and the organization as a whole
- Adapting to new and changing requirements, environments, and/or information
- Estimating resources needed to complete required tasks
- Managing people.
- Analyzing complex projects, breaking them down to their component levels
- Use of communication software
- Business writing
- Effective written and oral communication sufficient to be able to elicit and communicate information and achieve understanding
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, vendors, consultants, management, and employees
- Operating a computer
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Organizing work to accomplish tasks
- Reading and writing
- Managing multiple priorities
- Problem solving to form independent solutions to complex problems
- Tracking numbers and bits of data relevant to the work assignment
- Lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Vision acuity (near and far)
High School Diploma or equivalent. Degree in related field is preferred.
Attendance or completion in the Electrical apprenticeship program is preferred.
Three years of progressive experience in the electrical trade plus at least two complete years estimating experience. This particular experience may be supplemented by a construction management degree or a power engineering degree plus proficient estimating experience.
Encore Electric, Inc. is an EEO/AA/M/F/VET/DISABILITY employer.