Encore Electric, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Solutions Technician
at Encore Electric, Inc.
# of Openings:
Works on customer sites in a variety of environments including new construction, remodels, and fully operational facilities. Technician 1’s are also responsible for complying with Encore standards for customer service.
Works with a commitment to safety
Upholds the core values of Encore Electric
Acts as a professional and uses basic work ethics
Comes to work on time every day with appropriate attire and tools
Keeps work area clean
Safe use of work tools
Works on ladders, lifts, and elevated platforms
Identifies electrical parts and components
Assists with basic installs, service assignments, or with special installations as needed.
Other duties as may be assigned
- Safety and Safe working practices.
- Tools required to keep the jobsite clean, including broom, shovel, trash can, wheelbarrow, dust pan, etc.
- Safe operation of industry-relative tools including applicable testing equipment.
- Ability to read and understand scope of work documents and effectively execute against the work order.
- Ability to identify a “plenum” versus “non-plenum” space. Ability to read and understand the cable jacket to verify correct cable installation.
- Knowledge of basic BICSI Cabling Standards or Specialty Systems equivalent.
- MS Office software and other misc. computer programs
- Safety and working safely
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Customer service
- Effective written and oral communication sufficient to be able to elicit and communicate information and achieve understanding
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, vendors, consultants, management, and employees
- Organizing work to accomplish tasks
- Lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Vision acuity (near and far)
Willingness to enter electrical apprenticeship program, listen, learn and apply education to field environment.
3 years minimum hands on experience in Infrastructure Cabling and/or Technology environments.
Have a current and valid Driver’s License.
Have knowledge of basic BICSI Cabling Standards or Specialty Systems equivalent.
Have and maintain a professional image.
Deliver top quality workmanship on a daily basis.
Should take pride in ownership of their job duties as assigned.
Excellent communication skills.
Have basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office products.