Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Endava is a rapidlyexpanding, global, organisation and as such the candidate will be required toundertake travel to work close to client as well as to interact with our nearshore delivery teams.
We are seeking adynamic and highly experienced Data Architect with outstanding client-facingskills. As a senior data architect, you will be taking an active technicalleadership role on projects to deliver solutions to our clients, and also beheavily involved in pre-sales efforts and in mentoring Endava technical staff.Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Hands on technical skills
- Client-facing & sales skills
- Breadth & length of experience
In this role you mustbe confident in engaging in a range of conversations with senior clientmanagement and staff, have the ability to lead discussions and workshops, havethe technical ability to design and propose solutions to complex enterprisedata problems and provide hands on assistance as required. These abilities willbe utilised in all cycles of the delivery lifecycle from Proof of Conceptdevelopment to troubleshooting large scale implementations.
The successfulcandidate will have strong skills in relational and ‘no sql' solutions as wellas the technologies that fully realise their potential including a workingunderstanding of ETL and Streaming technologies.
- Work alongsideEndava And Client Enterprise & solution architects in analysing, definingand refining appropriate data architectures
- Understandcustomer business goals and reflect these appropriately through the definitionof technology and platform proposals.
- Advocate gooddevelopment working practices including the appropriate application of “DevOps”working.
- Proactivelyreview customer solutions and propose improvements and strategic direction,anticipating client goals.
- Working withcommercial and sales management participating in reviews.
- Hands-onexperience in enterprise organisations working alongside architecture and agileteams, centres of excellence, infrastructure and cross-functional operationsteams.
- Goodunderstanding of various Agile Delivery Models and able to understand how theyimpact Data architectures
- Excellentsoft-skills particularly in client and stakeholder expectation management.
- Ableto articulate client requests to cross functional teams “stepping in” asrequired to get the job done.
- Highlyarticulate and literate, with excellent levels of written and spoken English.
- Abilityto maintain initiative and focus during negotiations.
- Highlevels of ownership and ability to work with nearshore teams to ensure goodclient outcomes
- Demonstratehow Continuous Improvement is embedded in working practices
- Proficient andcompetent skills with code/scripting.
- Domain dataanalysis and modelling skills
- Understandingof different architectural patterns (Micro-services, SOA, n-tier, etc) and howdifferent data stacks can be used to best deliver them
- Good workingknowledge of software versioning tools including GIT, Subversion
- Familiarity andappreciation of JIRA and Confluence and other productivity tools (e.g. Slack,Trello) or equivalent.
- Multi OperatingSystem knowledge: Windows, Linux OS services.
- Understandingof how “data stacks” can be used in the context of continuous delivery
- Mastery of oneor more of Oracle / DB2 / Postgres, Etc
- Experience ofone or more of Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Cloudant, Mongo, Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc
- Opportunity to work in a Global Organization
- Career Development opportunities
- Work/Life benefits
- Travel opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Training opportunities
- Robust benefits package which includes options for:
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short / Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Transit, and Dependent Care)
- Paid Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage
- Wellness Benefits