Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant | Namaste Home Health and Hospice | Denver, CO
at Ensign Services
The hospice aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The hospice aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The hospice aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities of the hospice aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient's assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, report to the Case Manager immediately.
- Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.)
- Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping, as assigned.
- Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
- Reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the Case Manager. Also aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the hospice nurse or therapist.
- Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals. Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Keeping patient's living area clean and orderly, as assigned.
- Adhering to the organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.
- The hospice aide will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the hospice aide will not administer medications, take physician's orders or perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a licensed nurse, such as sterile techniques.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Holds an active state CNA licensure/certification.
- Meets the training requirements of the State.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Satisfactory references from previous employers.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision. Secure with issues of death/dying. Provides a calm manner when in a patient’s home.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Good oral and written communications
- Good organizational skills
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.