Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Manager | Namaste Home Health and Hospice | Denver, CO
at Ensign Services
The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating and leading all administrative operations activities. The Operations Manager is responsible to the Executive Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Maintains accurate up to date medical records in accordance with regulations of Medicare and the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Communicates effectively on the telephone with patients, families and staff.
- Responsible for informing staff of any changes, updates, etc., regarding admissions; discharges, visits, schedules; and clinical meetings as directed by the Director of Clinical Services and/or Administrator.
- Participates in and assists with community activities, i.e., health fairs, conventions, community education programs, etc. as assigned by Director of Clinical Services and/or Administrator.
- Maintains a good understanding of industry terminology, standards, and best practices. Maintains knowledge of agency clinical management software (HCHB).
- Maintains ongoing, positive work relationships with local facilities, physician offices, and all referral sources.
- Leads and supports all daily financial business operations and implements financial policies, accounting system and cost controls.
- Leads and supports the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure financial record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with state, federal regulations.
- Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through efficient billing and collections operations, effective accounts receivable management and a thorough understanding of cost reimbursement principles.
- Prepares and files periodic financial statements for internal users, authorized third parties and regulatory agencies on an ongoing basis.
- Gathers, collates, and reports key operating statistics through the effective utilization of information systems.
- Provides leadership in strategic financial planning including identifying opportunities for improved fiscal viability.
- Participates in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring efforts of the agency.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Has at least three to five years of experience in health care financial management preferably in hospice or home care operations. Information systems knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations and standards
- Demonstrates good communications and public relations skills.
- Strong Business acumen
- Strong written and oral communication skills in person and over the phone.
- Leadership and supervision skills, to include Interviewing, coaching and counseling, giving orders and instructions, teaching, and disciplining.
- Team skills-possesses skills and abilities to work well with a team to solve problems, identify core issues, or raise relevant objections and questions.
- Flexible-responds well to changing priorities and conditions
- Direct-has the courage to say what needs to be said
- Receptive-has the humility to receive feedback and is open to change.
- Respect-has a basic positive regard for all people, regardless of their status and capabilities. Brings out the best in others.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.