Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist | Namaste Home Health and Hospice | Denver, CO
at Ensign Services
The physical therapist contracted or employed through the Organization is responsible for providing physical therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Personnel Services Agreement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes responsibility for the ongoing interdisciplinary assessment and development of the individualized plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s);
- Provides patient, caregiver, and family counseling;
- Provides patient and caregiver education;
- Prepares clinical notes, and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals;
- Communicates with the physician who is responsible for the home health plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current home health plan of care;
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM-potential for rehab.
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy
- Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
- Participates in peer consultation process.
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
- Participates in the HHA's quality assessment and performance improvement program and HHA-sponsored in-service training.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Licensed to practice as physical therapist within the State.
- Passed an examination for physical therapists approved by the state and possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or master’s program in physical therapy approved by the Commission on accreditation in Physical Therapy Education ("CAPTE") or any successor organization of the CAPTE.
- Two years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.