Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - RN - PRN - Healthcare Resort of Colorado Springs
at Ensign Services
Registered Nurse - RN
Licensure: Colorado RN License
The Healthcare Resort of Colorado Springs is located at the base of Pike’s Peak in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado, within easy access to I-25 and a short drive from any community in the area. We offer a full continuum of retirement living services on-site and our staff are friendly and cheerful and even in a short visit you will feel the extraordinary care and compassion that surrounds you. Our concierge-style service offers personalized care with an emphasis on each patient’s outcome and an outstanding place to work.
Nursing Care Functions
- Inform nursing personnel of new admissions, their expected time of arrival, room, assignment, etc.
- Ensure that rooms are ready for new admissions.
- Greet newly admitted residents upon admission and participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility.
- Make rounds with physicians as appropriate.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with established procedures.
- Consult with the resident’s physician in providing the resident’s care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc., as appropriate.
- Cooperate with and coordinate social and activity programs with nursing service schedules.
- Notify the resident’s attending physician when the resident is involved in an accident or incident.
- Carry out restorative and rehabilitative programs, to include self-help and care.
- Administer services within the applicable scope of nursing practice, which may include: catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercises, care for the dead/dying, etc., as appropriate and in accordance with applicable standards.
- Use restraints when appropriate and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Obtain sputum, urine and other specimens for lab tests as ordered.
- Take and record TPRs, blood pressures, etc., as appropriate.
- Check foods brought into the facility by the resident’s family/visitors to ensure that it is within the resident’s dietary allowances. Report problem areas to the Nurse Supervisor and Dietary Supervisor.
- Meet with residents, and/or family members as appropriate.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as appropriate.
- Assist in arranging transportation for discharged residents as appropriate.
Will you pledge to live CAPLICO?
The Healthcare Resort of Colorado Springs’ commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world class health care. Our company mission is to dignify and transform post-acute care. Our facility’s success is dependent upon our highly motivated clinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding our company’s mission of delivering care with compassion and integrity. We value innovation and creativity in our buildings and love a healthy debate that challenges us to learn and grow.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with being a member of our culture? Are you a RN who is eager to make a difference? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of providing exceptional care and making a positive impact in the lives of everyone we serve.
Customer Second: When we take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our customer care.
Accountability: We strive for quality of life and reach for high standards as a team.
Passion For Learning: We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
Love One Another: Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
Intelligent Risk Taking: If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
Celebration: We celebrate life every day of the year with our teammates and residents.
Ownership: When everyone on the team is encouraged to take ownership of the care that they give, it positively improves their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to residents.
We would love to meet you and hear your pledge to live CAPLICO with us.
In addition to hiring Registered Nurses (RNs) who exhibit the above qualities that help us create a world class culture, we offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement, dependent care and public transportation FSAs, cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
The Healthcare Resort of Colorado Springs
2818 Grand Vista Circle
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at https://ensignservices.jobs.net/join
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.