Ent Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ent Federal Credit Union
Assist in the planning, execution, and reporting of audit assignments as set forth in the annual audit plan approved by the Supervisory Committee. Assists with ongoing monitoring controls, designated projects, and consulting opportunities. As a licensed audit professional, assist with Staff Auditor operational questions, best practices, and performs quality assurance reviews on audits and work papers as appropriate.
The internal audit program should not only provide reasonable assurance for the prevention and detection of loss at Ent Credit Union, but evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the systems of internal control within the organization and the quality of ongoing operations to include safeguarding of credit union assets and reliability and integrity of information.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform audit testing in accordance with detailed audit procedures outlined in approved audit programs.
Document work papers and audit tests; write audit findings/recommendations; assess magnitude of audit findings identified; discuss audit issues with management; develop draft audit reports.
Perform preliminary audit review for each department to be audited:
- Interviewing credit union management and staff.
- Documenting transaction and procedural flows.
- Assessing strengths and weakness of internal control systems.
Assist Audit Manager in creation of audit scope and risk assessment.
Review and qualify the work of Staff Auditors, including time spent on audit engagement. This includes initial review of work papers and clearing of review comments.
Assist Audit Manager with creation of draft audit reports, coordinate issuing reports to management, and track status of issues recommended. Complete QA review on audits and work papers for internal department compliance.
Assist credit union’s outside CPA firm external auditor and/or federal examiners in conjunction with their annual examinations.
Complete special projects and control reviews as directed by audit director.
Ongoing monitoring of established credit union controls
Ongoing consulting, presentations, and management meetings
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar field of study.
Minimum work experience:
3 years’ audit-related experience acquired through public accounting, regulatory agency, or internal audit department experience.
(Preferred) 3 years’ audit related experience acquired in a bank, credit union, or other financial services focused entity.
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Knowledge of the application of contemporary internal auditing theory, auditing standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Proficient command of accounting and audit concepts/principles.
- Understanding of management principles, general business systems, and internal controls.
- Understanding of financial institutions and applicable regulatory oversight specific to financial institutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for detail / analytical work.
- Proven ability to hold confidential information in strict confidence.
- Working knowledge of computer assisted audit techniques and automated software.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of Office products (Word, Access, Excel, and Visio in particular).
- At least one of the following certifications are required within 12 months of hire. The preferred candidate will already have obtained at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Related nationally accredited Auditor designation agreed upon by Director of Internal Audit
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, currency, or coin, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.