Ent Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Servicing Specialist I
at Ent Federal Credit Union
The Mortgage Loan Servicing Specialist I is responsible for handling various member and vendor requests, generating and mailing regulatory notices and disclosures, and being a resource for other servicing department teams while adhering to Fannie Mae, VA and FHA servicing guidelines, federal lending regulations, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau requirements and Credit Union Policies and Procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Complete and respond to member and vendor requests with varying degrees of complexity in accordance with Fannie Mae, VA and FHA servicing guidelines, federal lending regulations and The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau requirements.
Repair Escrows – Review originating loan documentation such as appraisal, purchase contract and MPR to validate required repairs. Monitor and follow-up for completion and payment to contractor in compliance with Fannie Mae, VA and FHA servicing guidelines, federal lending regulations and The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau requirements.
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum work experience:
1 years’ first mortgage lending or relevant lending experience sufficient to develop the technical and specialized knowledge and skills listed below
(Preferred) 6 months’ hazard/flood insurance and/or insurance claim experience
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Working knowledge of Mortgage Lending business terminology and process flow
- Working knowledge of First Mortgage products
- Working knowledge of investor selling and servicing guidelines
- Working knowledge of lending regulations and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau requirements
- Ability to read and understand documents such as purchase contracts and appraisals
- Ability to effectively analyze issues and create positive outcomes for all interested parties within the required regulations
- Ability to anticipate impact of actions and how to properly resolve additional issues
- Ability to prioritize/manage workload and allocate resources
- Organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
- Display positive, professional demeanor and work independently with little supervision
- Initiative to meet and/or exceed job standards and willingness to take on other tasks that support the goals of the Credit Union
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic competency with Microsoft Word and Excel or similar programs
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- None Required
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, and operating a telephone. Must be able to type at least 30 words per minute. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner. Must be flexible with schedule to work overtime as needed based on demands of the membership. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.