Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Injection Molding Engineer
- Job ID
Company Overview and Values
Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
Entegris is seeking a technical champion and change agent to drive technological improvements in our plastic molding plants. In this role, the incumbent will work cross functionally to develop, deploy, modify and evaluate scientific molding processes and methodologies and optimize cost, efficiency and quality across injection molding plants globally. The scope encompasses core/legacy products and new product introductions.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering Managers to understand current practices and develop new or improved scientific molding processes and methodologies based on in-depth processing experience, plastics engineering fundamentals and materials science knowledge.
- Promote use of new technologies and industry-leading trends. Provide highest level of technical expertise.
- Work in partnership with plants to ensure proper specification and selection of molding machines, standardization to company norms and support/guide capital equipment purchases made by the plants.
- Serve as technical liaison between new product development and manufacturing. Develop standard processes to drive molding process qualifications and speed up NPI.
- Organize and lead global training activities to improve molding problem solving capabilities and process efficiencies of the molding plants and the technical staff at those locations.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Polymers/Plastic Engineering (advanced degree desired)
- 10 years of progressive experience in injection molding process development
- Deep understanding of scientific molding process, the mold- machine- material- process interactions, design for manufacturing and assembly, and mold qualification protocols
- 3-5 years of experience in global manufacturing and handling technical lead responsibilities in multiple plant settings
- Problem solving, communication, collaboration and influence skills
- A teamplayer with the ability to work in harmony and respectfully with different skill levels and cultures
- Ability and willingness to travel globally
Your success will be measured by
- People and Teamwork – Collaborates cross functionally to obtain information, evaluate and recommend process improvements, and deliver on commitments.
- Accountability – develops team solutions to our design and manufacturing challenges.
- Creativity - leverages best practices and technology to improve processes and find ways to add new value.
- Dedication to excellence – executes effectively, thoroughly, ensures tasks and products are completed to the highest standards.
What we offer:
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an impressive employer match that’s all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.