Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Our Colorado Team is team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global corporation, and have at least four years' experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) OR Civil, Architectural, Structural (CSA)Construction Cost Estimating we would like to connect with you. By utilizing industry experience to develop cost estimates reflective of local market and project conditions, the successful candidate for this role will assist in the preparation of cost estimates for vertical construction disciplines by providing support to senior staff.
The role is based at our client site at the Denver Airport and requires daily attendance. This is an internal full time position with Faithful Gould and comes with robust benefits. We seek career focused individuals who seek opportunities for growth and learning.
Faithful Gould, a member of the SNC Lavalin group, is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner's Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It's in our DNA
• Analyzes documents and prepares detailed cost estimates.
• Performs accurate quantity takeoffs of available design documents
• Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate. Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
• Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates. Insures that current market conditions and specific project logistics are reflected.
• Inputs estimate takeoff information for specific discipline into cost estimate and develops unit cost pricing.
• Assists senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
• Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner. Maintains project files on file server in accordance with company standards.
• Maintains and updates data library of costs.
• Prepares cost reconciliations between two or more estimates and explains variances in cost drivers.
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, or a related field and at least four years' relevant experience in one or more MEP/CSA disciplines
OR High school diploma (or equivalent) plus ten years related experience
OR an Associate's Degree in a related technical field plus eight years related experience
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must have strong skills in use of estimating and takeoff software.
• Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Microsoft Office Suite.
• A professional designation such as RICS, ASPE, AACEI, LEED AP or RA is preferred.
Faithful Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time-off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.