Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fluor Corporation
City (or Nearest City)
*** Must have an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph ***
This position is responsible for complying with estimating procedures when developing project estimates. The individual will participate in improving techniques for estimating. In this role, the individual acts autonomously on small to mid-sized projects. The individual may also be responsible for providing estimating support on larger projects. At this position, requires moderate supervision when developing Direct, Indirect, and Services cost estimates. This position will require some supervision when developing estimates for Escalation, Contingency, and Other costs.
• Develop the estimate plan and coordinate estimate development with the project team, including preparation of the Estimate Schedule
• Utilize estimating methods and the expertise of other project professionals to establish total project estimates
• Engage in direct contact with other functional areas, including client and field contractors
• Maintain and support the office estimating database and information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc.
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to twelve (12) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Should be involved with an Estimating professional society
• Minimum of zero (0) years of experience using any of the Fluor Estimating Systems or three(3) years of experience using Industry recognized estimating systems
• Minimum of two (2) years of field experience, preferably in project controls, construction, contracts, or estimating
• Demonstrate technical ability, combined with communicative skills, to lead estimate development
• Knowledgeable about Lump Sum and/or Cost Reimbursable estimating
• Knowledgeable about Self-Perform and/or Construction Management Execution
• Knowledgeable about internal Cost Systems, Progressing Systems, Level I and II Schedules, Work Breakdown Structures and Project Status Reports
• Recognized as being proficient and requiring minimum supervision in the following areas: Direct Field Costs, Indirect Field Costs, Fluor Services Costs, Comparison Analyst, Benchmarking and Unit Rates for Key Commodities, Estimate Plan, Basis of Estimate, Use of Allowances, Cost Contingency, Input into and Use of Historical Data (EMS – Experience Management System), Productivity Worksheets, Craft Mix and Crew Mix, Escalation
• Recognized as being familiar, but requiring guidance and supervision in the following areas: Expatriate Policy Costs, Data Analyst, Input of Estimate into Global Pricing Model’s Template, Input and Use of Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF), Selling an Estimate, Currency fluctuation, tax & insurance costs, and performance bonds & letter of credit costs
• Good analytical and computer skills
Other Job Requirements
• Must have an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
• U.S. Citizen
• Stay abreast of current estimating techniques by maintaining expertise through the numerous opportunities provided by professional organizations or by networking with other estimating specialists within the engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) industry
• Be knowledgeable about business line specific rates to be applied in estimates
• Be active in knowledge management portals and communities with regard to forum questions and discussions
• Be knowledgeable about the benefits of Cost Competitive Execution, Excel to Win, Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF) and Strategy to Win; actively promote innovative ideas and solutions
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.