Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Plant Operations Manager
at Fluor Corporation
Senior Plant Operations Manager
City (or Nearest City)
*** Must have active TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance ***
Leads the operation and maintenance of the UtilityPlant systems and equipment. Works with the other Utility Plant operators and the Utility Plant Supervisor to organize work, solve problems and provide a safe working environment. This position is responsible for managing complex maintenance projects or managing multiple site managers overseeing multiple small and/or less complex sites/projects within the Operations & Maintenance function.
Will provide back-up for the Utility Plant Supervisor and direct team as mission requirements dictate.
Oversee and direct the performance of complex diagnostics, repairs, calibrations, modifications and routine service on a wide variety of utility plant systems and equipment, including chillers, boilers, air compressors, pumps, cooling towers, air handlers, domestic water, controls, lighting, electrical security systems, fire systems etc.
• Oversee the performance of preventive maintenance (PMs) and work orders along with normal housekeeping duties in the work areas and shop. Provides technical leadership, direction and assistance to junior staff.
• Mentors and assists with training of Utility Plant Operators. Promotes MTT and other training for operators as appropriate. Conducts hands-on assessments for assigned MTT courses based on areas of expertise
• Identifies and recommends proposed improvements to utility plant buildings, systems and equipment.
• Provides input to Engineering on proposed projects. Interfaces with Engineering Project Coordinators on various construction issues.
• Provides data and reports as required, including formal studies and evaluations, work plans, drawings or schematics or various other administrative functions such as status reports, equipment evaluations or development of scopes of work for outside contractors. Coordinates and inspects work of contractors to determine code and specifications compliance and workmanship.
• Maintain client relationships by regular communication to better understand project operations, this communication should; appraise of Fluor activities, advise of potential improvements, assess changing needs, develop teamwork and ask for client feedback on performance
• Manage risk as assigned by director of operations by reviewing risk on a regular basis and identifying significant business risk for Fluor
• Apply appropriate analytical tools and techniques by assessing client organizations, acquiring client engagements with significant profitability potential and transforming the client organization from the current state to the proposed future state
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and seven (7) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to eleven (11) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Experience in Electrical maintenance or HVAC maintenance or a combination of both. Experience should be in a commercial or industrial type setting, minimal experience of 5 years. A tradesman certification in either is a distinct qualifier.
• Experience in an operating commercial plant; minimum seven (7) years in a supervisory/management position
• Familiarity with CMMS software such as ARCHIBUS or MAXIMO
• Typically degreed, preferably in engineering or business field of study with minimum seven (7) years O&M Home office or Site experience and five (5) years experience managing small to medium somewhat complex Operations & Maintenance (O&M) sites or projects
• Experience in an operating commercial plant
• Minimum seven (7) years in a supervisory/management position
• Experience in heavy industrial environment, as a Maintenance Manager or Senior Supervisor
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Experience managing budgets
• Experience in conflict resolution
Other Job Requirements
• Must have active TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance
• U.S citizen
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.