Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Construction Quality Control Manager
at Fluor Corporation
Sr Construction Quality Control Manager
City (or Nearest City)
This position may be assigned to one of the Operation Centers or to a specific project. The Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities are written to cover either assigned location. The role provides services to manage the site quality program on projects. This position typically is the Site Quality Manager. However, on very large projects this person may report to a Director of Quality. The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of providing our clients and Fluor with projects that comply with the quality requirements stipulated in our prime contracts.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Provide Quality input to site-issued purchase orders or contract bid documents
• Assist site manager with resolution of client complaints that are quality-related
• Develop site-specific quality procedures as necessary to support the project
• Manage one or more Construction Quality Managers/Supervisors (and their subordinate inspection staff) in multiple areas on the project
• Enforce and champion the requirements of the site quality program (including the processing of any required revisions) and other project quality and technical requirements
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited two (2) or three (3) year Technical or Engineering Technology diploma or global equivalent in applicable field of study and fifteen (15) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to seventeen (17) years if there is no accreditation; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete principal job duties and responsibilities
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Ten (10) years of work experience with at least six (6) of those years having supervision or management experience
• Certification by a recognized authority (i.e. ASNT, AWS, API, NACE) is preferred; note that, as a minimum, personnel who will be performing welding examinations, inspections and/or reviewing of radiographs must be capable of taking and passing Fluor’s internal certifications for visual examiners/inspectors and radiographic interpreters
• Ability to work well with others
Other Job Requirements
• Act as a Lead Auditor to plan, perform, report quality audits of a variety of construction activities
• Perform physical inspection of a variety of discipline activities which may include but not limited to: welding, piping, civil, concrete, buildings, fixed and rotating equipment, electrical, control systems, coatings, insulation, and non-destructive testing
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.