Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mine Crush and Convey Repair Employee - Henderson Mine - Empire, CO
at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
Climax Molybdenum Co., a subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan, is the world's leading molybdenum producer and supplier. Our global operations include both primary and byproduct molybdenum mines, integrated global operations, and local customer care. We provide our worldwide partners with the most reliable supply and highest quality molybdenum and rhenium products. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals who seek challenging, exciting and rewarding work for a company that supplies molybdenum for a variety of high-value applications in industries ranging from steel and oil to aerospace and construction. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Climax Molybdenum.
Work is in an underground mine plant setting at an elevation of 10,800' above sea level, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
Skilled mechanic who under supervision safely perform diagnostic, maintenance, installation and repair of equipment and processes in the underground crush and convey system.
- Assists with and performs maintenance repairs on crusher and belt systems which may include: Crusher overhauls, liner changes, roller replacements, large pulley replacements, belt repairs and alignments, filtration systems, pumps, coolers, plumbing systems, electrical timers, air handling units, dust collection systems, apron feeders, scrapers and plows, magnet belts, chute systems, pneumatic systems, and drive systems
- Performs mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance such as changing filters in dust collection systems and air handlers, hydraulic filter changes in hydraulic filter systems, and checking screens, oil levels and pressures
- Assists with maintenance overhauls on crushers, gear reduction systems, and motor replacements
- Perform work area inspections and housekeeping
- Performs welding tasks such as:
- Stick, Mig, Oxy-acetylene welding and three position welding on structural steel and basic fabrication
- Operates mobile equipment such as:
- forklifts, tractors, and overhead cranes.
- Uses air powered tools, hydraulic powered tools, torque wrenches, cut-off saws, band saws, drill press, hydraulic press, diesel powered welders, generators and basic measuring tools
- Perform other duties as required
- One (1) year's experience in Crush and Convey mechanical/maintenance OR a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Understanding of schematics, blueprints, and equipment operations and maintenance manuals
- Possess basic knowledge of micrometers, slide calipers, flow meters and dial indicators
- Basic computer skills
- Possess knowledge of rigging and hoisting equipment
- High School diploma or GED
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in Crush and/or Convey(or) maintenance
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability