Front Range Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator, Fitness and Wellness
at Front Range Community College
Front Range Community College
Coordinator, Fitness and Wellness - Westminster Campus
Who We Are
We are the largest community college in Colorado, enrolling close to 28,000 credit students annually. We were one of 30 colleges in the initial American Association of Community Colleges Pathways Project, recently selected as a “Most Promising Place to Work” in Diverse Magazine, and profiled as one of six top community colleges for transfer student success in a recent Aspen Institute publication. We have developed a strong strategic plan focused on improving student graduation and transfer rates and have made significant investments in advising and other student support programs.
We also have a strong commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that matches our student community.
We are guided by the philosophy “One College, Many Communities.” Campuses share many common values, goals, and practices, but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information, visit the following: www.frontrange.edu and VISION 2020.
Who You Are
As the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator, you will play an important role in creating an engaging and transformative student experience that aligns with the college’s Vision 2020. You will work to create programming and maintain an optimal facility and environment to promote student wellness and health. Moreover, you will also provide collaborative programming and recreational wellness opportunity for faculty and staff encouraging mental and physical well-being. Lastly, you will continue to work with local health organizations to remain current with regarding program offerings and health related information.
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of March 5, 2020
In your application please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator.
SALARY: Low to Mid 40’s Annually
- Responsible for campus-wide marketing and promotions efforts for the Fitness Center to increase student engagement at FRCC. Create and foster connections with faculty, staff, and campus departments, as well as community organizations, to create engaging programs and activities with students.
- Manage and create scheduling of Non-Credit/Co-Curricular Courses, Programs and Events. This includes collaboration with the Student Life Department, Wellness committee, and community organizations to provide shared programming for faculty, staff, and students.
- Responsible for all aspects of the front desk operations. This includes development and implementation of short- and long-range planning and policies, including revenue sources.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate 10-12 students to provide support for student organizations and student activities. Meet regularly with the staff and create a supportive environment for personal and professional growth.
- Manage the Fitness Center and Wellness Committee budgets with the Assistant Director of Student Life. This includes maintaining accurate fiscal records, tracking revenue and expenses, and being responsible for following all FRCC fiscal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all maintenance and record keeping of the equipment and facility. This includes scheduling and performing regular maintenance and inspections for the facility, as well as the systems used to gather data. Coordinate work orders as needed for repairs, and maintenance replacement plan for the equipment.
- Strong presentation or workshop development skills: Leading student employee training and supervision through professional, supervision, and leadership development opportunities.
- Ability to manage processes and procedures: Responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing guidelines and processes for utilizing the Fitness Center. Assessing risk management for student wellness programming and events.
- Ability to build and navigate relationships with campus constituencies: Creating connections with faculty, staff, and students to host fitness and wellness programming. Supervise staff, and connect with students about co-curricular and intramural sport opportunities on campus.
- Ability to plan and manage events: Navigating FRCC procedures and processes to have impactful wellness and fitness events/ activities. Providing support to faculty, staff and students as they host these types of events on campus.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Fostering an inclusive commitment to safety and dignity of each individual that is a member of the FRCC community. Welcoming and respectful to the whole FRCC community, particularly for historically marginalized populations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- One (1) year full-time experience within student affairs or two years or more of part-time work within student affairs
- Ability to work flexible hours. There are a small number of evening and weekend commitments.
- Knowledge of fitness and wellness program specifically focused on student wellbeing or higher education student affairs models.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Commitment to diversity, inclusiveness, and equity; ability to work with a diverse college community.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Personal Training/Group Fitness & CPR/AED/First Aid
- Experience working in a fitness, wellness in a college setting, or parks and recreation setting. Supervisory experience.
- One year of experience in student life, wellness activities, student leadership
- Ability to engage with, interpret, and advocate for policies and procedures that affect the fitness center.
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.
Notice to Prospective Employees:
Front Range Community College is required by the Clery Act of 1990 to notify prospective employees, current employees, students and applicants where to access our Campus Security Report. The report is updated and published annually in accordance with the Higher Education Amendments of 1998, Federal Student Right-to-Know, the Federal Drug-free Schools and Campuses Act of 1989. This report contains information about:
- Front Range Community College's alcohol and other drug policy
- VAWA policy
- Campus security policies
- Campus/community resources
- Where to find registered sex offender information
- Crime statistics for the previous three calendar years
- Reporting crimes
The Campus Security Report can be accessed in two ways:
- By going to the internet website at: Clery Act Information
- Printed copies of the FRCC Campus Annual Security Report are available on request through the Dean of Students Affairs Office and any college Campus Security and Preparedness Office.