Front Range Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LC - Part Time Instructor, Nursing
at Front Range Community College
Front Range Community College
Part Time Instructor - Nursing- Larimer Campus
This is a part-time, temporary position with no benefits except Colorado State retirement, PERA.
Please note: This position is an open talent pool currently accepting applications for future hiring.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes:
- A letter of interest detailing experience as related to the position;
- A resume;
- An eForm application;
- A copy of official transcripts;
- A one-page statement of your teaching philosophy.
All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above. Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. If hired, official college transcripts will be required. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
Front Range Community College has been and continues to be dedicated to student success. This year FRCC has been chosen as one of 30 colleges to become a Pathways College out of over 200 colleges that applied nationally. We are seeking faculty who are fully committed to the principles of Pathways. This is the next step as our college and all faculty, staff and employees are devoted to diversity and inclusion on a daily, ongoing basis.
Front Range Community College is dedicated to maintaining curriculum integrity and consistent instruction by providing high quality teaching experiences.
We are learner-centered and responsive to diverse student goals, including service to community. We will facilitate learning where, when, and how it best suits the needs of the diverse learning public we serve. Our curriculum will prepare vocational, academic, and business-oriented students to succeed in a highly competitive, global economy by focusing on quality, innovation, technology, self-initiative, and problem solving. Collaboration, teamwork, cheerfulness, diversity and a priority on student success and satisfaction will characterize our work and our management. We recognize that our faculty, together with our staff, is our greatest asset and that our commitment to their continuous professional development is essential. We are driven to excel and embrace the importance of listening to our constituencies. Business and civic leaders will experience our resolve to be recognized as a model for a "virtual campus" spanning not only North Jefferson, Adams, Boulder, and Larimer counties, but wherever technology will allow us to educate effectively.
All qualified candidates will remain in a talent pool for future consideration.
PRIMARY DUTIES - Responsible for nursing lab and clinical instruction in a variety of clinical settings including Fundamentals of Nursing, Medical-Surgical Nursing, OB/Pediatric Nursing, or Psychiatric/Mental health.
- Teach as assigned – clinical, lab, and theory
- Maintain accurate performance and attendance records and submit required reports on or before the deadlines.
- Communicate with the course coordinator regularly.
- Maintain professional, ethical, and legal responsibilities, i.e., FERPA, copyrights, etc.
- Lab and Clinical Instructors require a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with 4000 hours of Professional Nursing clinical experience within 5 years.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing/Nursing Education from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Two years in clinical nursing
- 5 years in clinical nursing
Notice to Prospective Employees: Front Range Community College is required by the Clery Act of 1990 to notify prospective employees, current employees, students and applicants where to access our Campus Security Report. The report is updated and published annually in accordance with the Higher Education Amendments of 1998, Federal Student Right-to-Know, the Federal Drug-free Schools and Campuses Act of 1989. This report contains information about:
- Front Range Community College's alcohol and other drug policy
- VAWA policy
- Campus security policies
- Campus/community resources
- Where to find registered sex offender information
- Crime statistics for the previous three calendar years
- Reporting crimes
The Campus Security Report can be accessed in two ways:
- By going to the internet website at: Clery Act Information
- Printed copies of the FRCC Campus Annual Security Report are available on request through the Dean of Students Affairs Office and any college Campus Security and Preparedness Office.