Front Range Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WC - Professional Technical Hourly, Substitute Reference Librarian
at Front Range Community College
Front Range Community College
Professional Technical Hourly Substitute Reference Librarian- Westminster Campus
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes:
- Letter of interest detailing experience as related to the position;
- An eForm application;
All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above. Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report. An education verification will also be conducted on selected candidate.
FRCC is committed to diversity and inclusion and is intentional about creating a learning and working environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. FRCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or national origin in employment or in our educational programs and activities.
Substitute librarians help Front Range Community College students, staff, as well as members of the public find the information they need. They provide both reference and circulation services and also process library card applications for FRCC students and staff. When full-time FRCC librarians are unavailable, substitute librarians serve as person in-charge of the floor.
Job Posting Request - Substitute Reference Librarian
- Library substitutes assist with daily library operations as needed.
- Substitutes mainly handle reference and circulation transactions but also may assist with instruction or other library duties, as needed.
- Substitutes act as person in charge of floor when no permanent staff member is available.
Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent degree. Or within six months of graduation with MLS or equivalent degree.
- Reference experience in either a public or academic library setting
Part-time hours are somewhat variable and cannot exceed 28 hours per week.
Welcome to Front Range Community College, where you come for the students, but stay for the people!
Notice to Prospective Employees: Front Range Community College is required by the Clery Act of 1990 to notify prospective employees, current employees, students and applicants where to access our Campus Security Report. The report is updated and published annually in accordance with the Higher Education Amendments of 1998, Federal Student Right-to-Know, the Federal Drug-free Schools and Campuses Act of 1989. This report contains information about:
- Front Range Community College's alcohol and other drug policy
- VAWA policy
- Campus security policies
- Campus/community resources
- Where to find registered sex offender information
- Crime statistics for the previous three calendar years
- Reporting crimes
The Campus Security Report can be accessed in two ways:
- By going to the internet website at: Clery Act Information
- Printed copies of the FRCC Campus Annual Security Report are available on request through the Dean of Students Affairs Office and any college Campus Security and Preparedness Office.