Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Analyst
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Senior Analyst, Revenue Analytics develops analytical tools and statistical models to maximize Frontier’s revenue generation and profitability. The Analyst will be responsible for building data pipelines & coding automated reporting processes, creating data visualizations and dashboards, identifying and quantifying revenue opportunities, and crafting clear presentations to management. As an integral part of Frontier's success, Revenue Analytics Analysts receive high visibility by senior management and enjoy a range of formal training and informal learning opportunities to support ongoing professional development and career growth.
- Identify & quantify revenue opportunities across the organization
- Work with the Pricing and Revenue Management teams to identify new opportunities for generating revenue
- Build statistical models and present findings to relevant stakeholders
- Create visualizations and dashboards to illustrate key trends and KPIs
- Work with a wide variety of teams with diverse technical backgrounds
- Enhance the Revenue Analytics infrastructure by implementing best practice coding & structure
- Create data pipelines to transform raw input into clean datasets for use in analysis
- Write clean, efficient code to automate processes
- Mentor more junior team members, and foster the development of their programming and analytics skills
- Collaborate with diverse teams across the company
- Conduct ad-hoc projects, reports and analyses as determined by management
- Set the standard for the broader team in thought processes and analytical output
- Achieve expert status in business and industry trends
- Clearly communicate the actionable business implications of complex quantitative analyses to senior management
- Lead change across the organization by improving directly owned processes and taking initiative to champion cross-functional opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major(s) in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Aviation Management or related analytical field strongly preferred; combination of education and work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Advanced degree in one of above disciplines preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data analytics, business intelligence, revenue management, operations research, finance, or a similar analytical field (Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline will be considered with reduced years of experience)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong programming skills, with knowledge of Python strongly preferred
- Ability to write complex SQL code to query against disparate data sources
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Power BI or Tableau
- Solid grasp of statistics or machine learning preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to keep track of several projects at once
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated understanding of airline commercial metrics, economics, network design and revenue management principles
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to independently prioritize analyses in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to structure logical analytical approaches and to apply a range of quantitative techniques to solve business problems in an efficient, timely manner
- Comfortable working self-sufficiently to creatively solve analytical challenges with limited data and imminent deadlines
- Strong work ethic; delivers results in ambiguous, time-pressured situations
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain composure under pressure
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.