Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
(Aviation) Maintenance Controller
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Manages and controls maintenance operations on a shift basis in order to provide safe, compliant and reliable operations. Is the primary point of contact regarding aircraft out of service and the current mechanical status of all aircraft in Frontier’s fleet.
- Directly in charge (121.378(b)) of all maintenance activities performed by contract maintenance personnel to ensure strict compliance with Frontiers General Maintenance Manual policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to maintenance personnel and is available for consultation and decisions on technical, operational and procedural matters.
- Has the authority to remove an aircraft from service if maintenance work is not satisfactorily completed.
- Ensures safety is the paramount consideration in all decisions and that Frontier aircraft are maintained to uncompromising safety standards at all times.
- Promotes and model Frontiers Mission and Values when interacting with colleagues and contract maintenance providers.
- Authorizes the use of maintenance vendors for emergency maintenance and ferry flight inspections in non-maintenance stations.
- Authorize MEL/CDL deferrals in accordance with the procedures outlined in Frontiers General Maintenance Manual.
- Develops work scopes for MEL/CDL deferrals recommending necessary troubleshooting steps and requisitioning required materials.
- Promotes a different and better customer experience by proactively managing deferrals that impact customer service.
- Coordinates aircraft out of service events with Maintenance, Material Services, Technical Support and Engineering to reduce schedule impact and aircraft downtime.
- Advises SOC personnel on routing requirements of specific aircraft when the nature of the work demands that it be accomplished at a specific station.
- Maintains positive operational control and situational awareness of out of service aircraft.
- Generates reports on delays, cancellations, out-of-service and other performance data for management information.
- Maintain a shift log of all communications pertaining to out-of-service aircraft and critical or damage events.
- Provides sufficient turnover to on-coming personnel so they are familiar with all work in progress and all items requiring follow up.
- Maintains a shift log including documentation of aircraft worked on during shift.
- Reviews prior shift logs and is familiar with previous shift activity.
- Other duties that maybe assigned by the M.O.D. or Senior Manager of the Department
- Reports to: Senior Manager MCC / Maintenance Planning, Technical Services
- Knowledge of airline maintenance practices, federal aviation regulations, and Frontiers General Maintenance Manual policies and procedures.
- Airframe and Powerplant License is required
- FCC First Class Radio Telephone Certificate preferred
- Requires 5 years of Line Maintenance experience or 2 years C-Check experience and 2 years avionics troubleshooting experience.
- Previous experience as a maintenance supervisor preferred.
- Previous factory approved training on Airbus 318/319 aircraft preferred.
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust,
- Collaboration, Value, and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, and administrate workloads to subordinates.
- Vol.D Must attend and successfully complete Maintenance Training Required Inspection Item course
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Airbus systems knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to interface effectively with Engineering, Maintenance, Purchasing, Flight Operations Management, Flight crews, and Dispatchers effectively.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, Amphetamines (including methamphetamines and MDMA), Opiates (including codeine, heroine, 6-Am, and morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.