Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The AOG (Aircraft On Ground) Buyer is responsible for supporting Maintenance with critical part requirements to fulfill variable demands that impact the operation of the airline. This entails sourcing aircraft parts, initiating purchase orders, expediting existing orders and coordinating logistics to meet the immediate requirements(s). In addition, this position is responsible for planning inventory requirements system-wide that fulfill internal customer needs and general service levels.
- Continuous follow-up to ensure supplier and delivery commitments are met
- Coordinate internal part movements
- Maintain detailed records to include all pertinent information for each request
- Communicate updates through reports with various departments
- Work as a liaison between Purchasing, Stores and the Maintenance Operations Control Center
- Proactively monitor loan and borrow activity, MEL, CDL and NEF item activity, and other key departmental metrics
- Proactively review stocking and usage levels
- Evaluate inventory requirements and establish proper minimum/maximum and EOQ levels.
- Identify interchangeable parts and seek Engineering department’s approval for use of such parts
- Update parts catalog to ensure 100% accuracy
- Will work 12-hour shifts
- All other duties as reasonable requested by the Sr. Manager, Materials Management
- Previous airline / aviation experience
- College degree in Business or related field preferred
- Previous purchasing and/or inventory planning experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-initiative and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a ero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.