Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Buyer, Technical II
at Frontier Airlines
Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Technical Buyer II is responsible for supporting the Maintenance organization with critical part requirements to fulfill variable demands that impact the operation of the airline. This includes sourcing aircraft parts, initiating purchase orders, expediting existing orders and coordinating logistics to meet immediate needs as well as longer-term requirements.
- Primary duties include monitoring Maintenance organization customer requirements and initiating purchasing actions to obtain the required material or service.
- Locate sources of supply for aviation material as well as other goods and services.
- Select the optimal supplier based on a lowest total cost business model.
- Recommend alternate sources of supply when applicable.
- Communicate delivery information to internal customers.
- Expedite shipments to meet Maintenance organization service commitments.
- Work as a liaison between Accounts Payable, Material Services and suppliers to resolve purchase order and invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Periodically analyze purchasing activity to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Recommend and implement strategic supply chain initiatives to reduce cost and improve service levels.
- Report cost savings and procurement activity to management on a monthly basis.
- Survey internal customers to ensure expectations are exceeded.
- Pursue e-commerce initiatives to streamline procurement processes.
- Optimize the technical inventory to minimize holding and acquisition costs while maintaining required service levels.
- Ensure compliance with company technical requirements and FAA requirements.
- Analyze purchasing activity and product reports to ensure service levels are achieved. Review reports and identify trends that impact service levels.
- Produce basic Excel-based analyses.
- Identify cost savings initiatives.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Minimum 4 years of previous technical purchasing experience required
- Active participation and accreditation from one of the following preferred: National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM), APICS or Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of technical aircraft purchasing preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, Amphetamines (including methamphetamines and MDMA), Opiates (including codeine, heroine, 6-Am, and morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier and their offer of employment rescinded.