Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator, Compliance Programs
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Provides day-to-day oversight of and support to the Compliance team. Acting as one of Frontier’s Designated Employer Representative (DER) designees, maintains immediate oversight of Frontier’s Drug and Alcohol Program and ensures compliance with applicable regulations. Maintains oversight of Frontier’s Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA) program and ensures compliance with applicable regulations. Serves as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact for both the drug and alcohol, PRIA and employment background programs.
Drug & Alcohol Program Administration
Responsible for administering the Drug & Alcohol Program for Frontier Airlines in accordance with the FAA and DOT guidelines. This includes:
- Ensure proper tracking and processing of all employee drug and alcohol tests.
- Facilitate and manage the random drug testing and reasonable suspicion testing. Consult with management on procedures surrounding random and reasonable suspicion drug/alcohol testing.
- Audit leaves of absence and furloughed employees as it relates to return to work drug/alcohol testing.
- Ensures record-keeping compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Ensure follow up testing for alcohol violations are handled with the utmost confidentiality to avoid legal disputes.
- Investigate and assist in the mediation of employee complaints and appeals using corporate or collective bargaining processes.
- Represent the company in dealings with government agencies.
- Monitor vendor compliance and address issues of non-compliance.
- Regular and periodic on-call responsibilities to monitor and respond to Drug & Alcohol Program related questions and incidents.
PRIA Program Administration
- Responsible for compliance with the Pilot Record Improvement Act regulatory compliance at Frontier Airlines. The functions include, but are not limited to retention and release of drug & alcohol testing and pilot training records for applicants and past employees, coordination with other airlines’ representatives, and coordination with pilots (past and present).
- The PRIA responsibilities are federally mandated and require a subject matter expert on current stipulations surrounding the PRIA Act.
- Responsible for evaluating all pilot-applicant drug testing & alcohol misuse records to ensure the pilot-applicant is acceptable for hiring; documenting the records, review/evaluation, and ensuring those records are retained in compliance with the PRIA privacy requirement.
Compliance Tracking and Auditing
- Prepare for and conduct internal program audits.
- Prepare for and participate in DOT audits.
- Track violations and prepare statistical reports of types of actions taken
- Monitor data integrity and develop procedures and routines to validate data entered into and stored in various related databases.
- Compile and research information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Manage pre-employment background check process
- Process pre-employment fingerprint background check
- Manage Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badging process for new and current employees
Program Facilitation and Training
- Present a variety of drug and alcohol training to managers and employees. Attend and participate in other related meetings as requested.
- Provide management and employees with information and interpretation of human resource policies, rules and procedures.
- Recommend or initiate programs or actions to resolve problems and enhance client service.
- Occasional travel to monitor collector and vendor processes and to support recruiting efforts
- Negotiate, research, and maintain contracts with vendors utilized by Frontier Airlines across the domestic United States.
- Assist in monitoring the department budget and in the annual budgeting process
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by the manager
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in human resources, auditing, or legal experience
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or Psychology preferred; equivalent combination of related education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Administrative or management experience with Compliance, Drug & Alcohol or HR related programs preferred
- Prior airline experience preferred
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert in FAA DOT or PRIA regulatory compliance strongly preferred
- Previous experience administering a drug/alcohol program or governmentally regulated program(s) in a corporate environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Skill in project management, planning, organizing and prioritizing work assignments effectively
- Highly adaptable, capable of effectively managing a high volume workload in a fast-paced and a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work closely with the FAA and participate in teamed investigations/ inspections with federal agencies
- Skilled in the interpreting and closely following policies, rules and regulations
- Strong presentation skills and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication skills and analytical ability
- Efficiency, detail orientation and organizational ability
- Effectively maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to process complex scenarios and effectively solve practical problems in situations where only limited guidelines exist
- Willingness to travel as needed
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.