Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor, Airport Operations
at Frontier Airlines
About Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2017 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Customer Service Training Instructor is responsible for conducting training classes for customer service above-wing and below-wing employees, and properly updating training records for classes taught. The Instructor will analyze, review and provide suggestions for curriculum development and revisions to training resource materials; conduct internal audit of training records for assigned cities; coordinate schedules including facilities and equipment for classes; and facilitate station openings and transitions as assigned.
- Conduct customer service above-wing training classes for employees using standards established by the Training Department
- Provide guidance for station training coordinators to facilitate local training and present new and revised information
- Communicate with station management to ensure training records are kept up to date per company and federal regulations
- Conduct periodic internal audit of training records for assigned cities to ensure records are up to date
- Identify discrepancies, errors and schedule corrective action
- Analyze, review and provide suggestions for curriculum development and revisions to training resource materials
- Provide station support as necessary
- Coordinate schedules, facilities and equipment for classes
- Obtain certification in GSC, CRO (ACAA), OSHA, Hazmat, and Security SPS
- Remain current on Navitaire, NetTracer, new/revised policies and directives
- Assist in analyzing and determining customer service training needs
- Facilitate and present initial, recurrent, and advanced training
- Determine student needs and adapt without jeopardizing course content
- Evaluate student performance in training classes and report concerns to the Senior Manager Training
- Facilitate station opening as assigned and provide guidance to agents
- Incorporate new/revised policies into training courses to ensure accuracy
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time and work weekends
- Mentor new instructors
- Assist with goal setting and competency models for stations
- Provide station assistance as assigned
- Act as departmental representative for various company meetings
- Participate in new hire events as assigned
- Lead group projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or bachelor’s degree; or prior teaching experience required
- At least 2 years experience as a facilitator
- 2 years airline experience preferred
- At least 1-year airport customer service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Navitaire, NetTracer, regulated (ACAA, Hazmat Recognition, Security SPS, and OSHA) Exit Seating, Carry-on Baggage and Ground Security Coordinator
- Must be self-motivated, able to set personal goals, complete tasks as directed by management within set parameters, work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to remain on feet/stand for extended periods of time
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.