Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Revenue Accounting
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of corporate revenues. Includes management of a team of full-time revenue accounting staff members and managing the revenue accounting system relationship.
Essential Functions: (In order of importance, list only those functions that are necessary to carry out the purpose of the position. Include the percentage of time spent on each function.)
- 20% Effectively supervise, develop and motivate staff of full-time employees performing both revenue accounting and corporate receivables functions.
- 20% Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- 15% Review journal entries and account analysis to identify and resolve accounting issues or errors.
- 10% Ensure system master tables are maintained accurately and timely.
- 10% Support requests from both internal and external auditors.
- 10% Coordinate revenue accounting system enhancements and department process improvements.
- 10% Complete internal and external documentation and testing requests.
- 5% Ensure compliance with SOX requirements and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Support budget and forecasting activities including preparation of variance analysis.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
If management or supervisory position, which positions report directly to this one?
- Revenue Accountant(s)
- Revenue Accounting Analyst(s)
- Revenue Accounting Specialists(s)
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting (CPA Preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years accounting/reporting experience, airline experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role
- Sound working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and SEC accounting/reporting requirements, reconciliation procedures and internal controls
- Advanced MS Excel
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Internet Explorer, Windows 7, data file transfers
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English, with emphasis on customer service
- Ability to prioritize, analyze and resolve problems using sound judgment
- Ability to motivate and provide constructive feedback to staff members
- Possess good vendor and inter-department relationship skills
- Work under time constraints and consistently meet all deadlines
- Manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, adaptable and team-oriented
- Ability to work with strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of airline revenue accounting, credit card settlement and accounts receivable processing
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.