Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Yield Management
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Oversees the resources, functions and operations of the Yield Management department.
- Oversees the development/refinement and training of Frontier’s Yield Management department.
- Manages the process of market strategies and tactics in revenue areas.
- Manages the production of various system performance reports.
- Assists in developing goals and determining areas that need focus.
- Oversees maximization of passenger revenues through proper demand forecasting and overbooking.
- Provides strategic direction/objectives to and coordinates efforts of analysts in the performance of assigned projects.
- Assists analysts in recommendations of scheduling/market action to influence demand.
- Develops senior management reports.
- Oversees PROS RM system including technology, training of users and adjustments to changing market conditions.
- Manages process of skills development of individual members of the department.
- Responsible for all aspects of Revenue/Yield Management.
- Continued development/refinement and training of the PROS system.
- Develop programs and strategies for revenue optimization.
- Assists in the teaching/training of analysts to maximize revenues through various tools.
- Leadership and team building.
- Monitor and manage the revenue management system.
- Monitor and manage analysts as it relates to maximizing revenues.
- Maintain good communication within the department as well as other departments.
- Manage and develop direct reporting employees.
If management or supervisory position, which positions report directly to this one?
- Revenue Management Analysts
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Aviation Management or related field; combination of relevant education and work experience considered in lieu of degree
- 5 years of experience in pricing and revenue management preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience with day to day usage of a revenue management system
- MBA may be considered in lieu of experience
- 3 years supervisory or experience in a leadership role preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Access skills
- Thorough understanding of the overall structure and operation of the revenue management department
- Ability to produce high quality quantitative methods
- Demonstrates consistent deductive skills
- Able to efficiently summarize variances
- Highly motivated
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical, communications and interpersonal skills
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.