Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist, Emergency Response & Acc Inv
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
Manage Frontier’s Emergency Response Plan. Investigate aircraft damages, determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Serve as the lead for Frontiers’ Emergency Response Plan.
- Thoroughly investigate aircraft damages to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Develop and support strategic initiatives to improve safety and operational performance.
- Participate in strategic planning for continual improvement within the department and organization.
- Maintain positive relationships with all departments and business partners.
- Create and manage the budget for Emergency Response and Aircraft Damage.
- Maintain, review and revise the Frontier Emergency Response manual and checklists.
- Assist stations in the development of their local procedures to ensure compliance.
- Conduct Emergency Response training for departments, stations and business partners.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the National Transportation Safety Board, Empathia, Global BMS, business partners and other agencies to obtain updates, share lessons learned and solicit recommendations for improving our plan.
- Represent Frontier at forums, strategy planning groups and emergency committees.
- Ensure supporting infrastructures meet the needs of Frontier and other authorities in the joint response to an accident/incident.
- Plan and conduct an annual Emergency Response exercise.
- Conduct training and drills with stations, departments and Go Team members.
- Work with the Safety Department to develop and maintain Frontier’s Bomb Threat, Hijacking and Critical Incident Plans.
- Gather and summarize industry trends, changes in policies and legislative requirements impacting Family Assistance and Emergency Response.
- Maintain Incident/Accident data base.
- Manage emergency notification system.
Aircraft Damage Investigation
- Ensure investigation reports of aircraft damages are completed and submitted.
- Collect, track and trend aircraft damage root cause, corrective actions and associated costs.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership to coordinate a Board of Inquiry.
- Work closely with stations and/or departments that have had an aircraft damage to ensure corrective actions and/or changes to existing policies and procedures have taken place.
- Work with the Director, Customer Service Excellence to ensure development and communication of Frontier’s Emergency Response Plan and Aircraft Damage Investigation and Prevention.
- Manage/facilitate special projects and/or committees as assigned.
- Other duties include: developing and managing a department budget, travel planning, expense review and approval.
- Collaborate with other Customer Service managers to continually enhance communication and proccesses.
- Collaborate with safety to implement strategic plans to avoid AC damages.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Emergency Response experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, collaboration, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of the Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act
- Familiarity with Safety Management System (SMS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products to include but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation skills and written report skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships within Frontier Airlines and business partners
- Ability to identify problems and to develop and implement solutions
- Working knowledge of Navitaire
- Superior process and procedure development skills
- Self-directed and independent work habits
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.