Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Manager, Airport Planning
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Sr Manager, Airport Planning represents Frontier Airlines in its business with airport operators, landlords and other air carriers relative to airport development, real estate and facilities projects throughout the assigned portfolio. This position will support Frontier’s operational strategy by negotiating and administering required leases/agreements and making certain operating facilities are adequate for Frontier’s operation and in accordance with company standards. This role is also required to model financial impacts of space and airport rate changes so that Frontier can make sound operational and business decisions. This position will report directly to the Director, Airport Planning and will manage two Regional Airport Planning Mgrs and one Lease Compliance Analyst.
- Directly manages a team of Regional Airport Planning Mgrs and a Lease Compliance Analyst.
- Identify key issues and develops strategic business solutions to properties and facilities issues at assigned airports.
- Reviews and negotiates assigned properties and facilities agreements; develops summary of salient terms and conditions; assists with compliance for terms, conditions, options and notice requirements.
- Prepares analyses of airport rates and charges; prepares budget projections and cost distributions for assigned leasehold space; seeks opportunities for increased efficiencies and improved customer service.
- Reviews and evaluates short and long term airport capital improvement plans and debt service impacts to airline cost centers.
- Negotiates with airport executives, local governments and other airlines to achieve corporate objectives
- Liaises with consultants/vendors/contractors and company stakeholders to achieve properties and facilities goals.
- Represents the company at airport affairs committee meetings at assigned airports and works to advance company’s goals.
- Assesses future schedules to determine if airport facilities will be able to accommodate Frontier’s operation and coordinate with appropriate internal departments to assess upcoming opportunities or risks which may impact operational decisions.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Develops improved procedures for more efficient properties and facilities operations.
- Monitors airport industry developments and channels information for review.
This position will manage:
- Regional Airport Planning Mgrs
- Lease Compliance Analyst
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Legal or Business-related field required; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant field such as Finance or Legal, with emphasis on contract negotiation, financial modeling and strategic planning
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory or managerial experience in similar corporate environment
- Departmental budget and forecasting preparation and implementation experience
- Airline experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid analytical and effective negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees and representatives of other airlines and airport management
- Ability to define problems and work through solutions in a team building, non-threatening manner
- Highly ethical and trustworthy leader that will represent the company to critical external audiences
- Ability to travel on company-supported initiatives up to 60% of the time
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.