Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Manager, Corporate Accounting
at Frontier Airlines
About Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2017 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting will be responsible for leading the daily operations of the corporate accounting team, including month-end close, analyzing and reporting results to Accounting and Finance leadership and key business stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner, identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities, managing and developing the corporate accounting team and building and maintaining strong relationships with other leaders in the organization to help further develop a productive and collaborative environment. This position will report directly to the Director, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting and will be based at the headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
- Lead the daily operations of the corporate accounting team, including month-end close. Oversight of the month-end close process includes supporting team members as questions are identified and actively tracking and communicating status to ensure deadlines are met.
- Analyze and report results to Accounting and Finance leadership and key business stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work proactively and effectively with financial reporting, internal audit, finance, treasury and other departments within the organization to help further develop a productive and collaborative environment.
- Lead, train and develop the corporate accounting team, including manager-level direct reports.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and actively manage the implementation of opportunities identified.
- Proactively address and work through complex matters identified by working with other departments to gather all relevant information, completing accounting research and documenting conclusions reached.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies.
- Manage and take ownership of deliverables provided to the financial reporting and internal and external audit teams.
- Lead and take ownership of ad-hoc projects and accounting analyses as determined by senior management.
If management or supervisory position, which positions report directly to this one?
- Managers, Corporate Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; combination of relevant education & experience considered in lieu of degree
- 7 years of relevant accounting experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Prior airline experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Experience researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and develop a team through active coaching and delivery of constructive feedback on a recurring basis
- Strong Excel and word processing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.