Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Mgr, Strategic Pricing
at Frontier Airlines
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Sr Manager, Strategic Pricing vets vision for fare strategies based on enterprise, commercial and department objectives as well as competitive environment. Leads team of Strategic Pricing Analysts performing market-based revenue maximization strategies. Partners with Technical Pricing and Marketing teams to tailor sale/promotional activities to market needs.
- Oversee the resources, functions and operations of the Strategic Pricing team.
- Translate enterprise, commercial and department goals into actionable items.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of revenue forecast and tracking toward it, proactively adjusting fare strategy to ensure alignment.
- Employ principles of game theory to choose fare actions that will be most beneficial to Frontier in the context of expected competitor response.
- Drive sale/promotional strategy based on market needs and brand imperatives.
- Partner with Yield Management to execute region/market-specific revenue strategies.
- Engage in conversation with Ancillary team to assist them in forecasting and quantifying impact of fare strategy decisions.
- Select appropriate distribution method(s) for various fare products (e.g., travel club, GDS/OTA, package net fares, etc.).
- Communicate significant competitor actions and F9’s response to leadership.
- Communicate proactive F9 fare actions to leadership.
- Assist team with market analysis and exception management, and help develop remediation strategies.
- Own training of Strategic Pricing Analyst new hires as well as ongoing team skill development.
- Collaborate with Pricing Director to set team and individual team member goals
- Provide career-pathing to Strategic Pricing Analysts.
- Ensure optimal use of pricing tools/automation to drive efficiency.
- Seek out ways in which Pricing team can increase collaboration with commercial team peers.
- Serve as change leader; embrace new ways of doing things and set example for team.
- Explore how new technologies can drive improvements to revenue, efficiency, and fare filing accuracy.
- Assist Director with budgeting efforts as-needed.
- Participate in project planning, process updates; contribute to strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred
- Advanced Degree in Business, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in airline pricing and/or yield management or 2 years of experience in airline pricing and/or yield management with additional 5 years in an analogous function within another industry
- 3 years of experience in position(s) of leadership
- Proficiency with ATPCO fare filing functionality required
- Experience with major GDSs required
- Experience with Navitaire, SkyFare/SkySpeed preferred
- Experience with fares management software such as Sabre AVFM or SITA Airfare Insight preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical ability in prior role(s)
- Advanced knowledge of pricing and yield management theory and practices
- Awareness of current industry pricing environment, competitive landscape and recent trends
- Ability to lead a diverse team in common pursuits
- Refined interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in Microsoft Access and SQL a plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude, willingness to take ownership and drive for results
- Comfort working under general direction in an environment where there is not always a clear correct course of action
- Skill in distilling relevant facts from large data sets
- Ability to identify root causes and synthesize responses
- Capacity to multitask and prioritize among several responsibilities
- Active listening skills with a willingness to teach and provide constructive feedback
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Capability of handling confidential material with discretion
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.