Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hod Carrier - Masonry
at gallegos corp
Hod Carrier/Equipment Operator
Position Title: Hod Carrier
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Locations: Basalt, CO - Denver, CO - Vail, CO - Big Sky, MT
Reporting Relationship: Masonry Foreman and/or Site Superintendent
A Hod Carrier must be able to support the Mason Journeyman with brick, block and/or stone completing custom work on distinctive projects. A Hod Carrier is required to complete work safely, with quality and within productivity specifications as directed by the foreman or superintendent.
- Participate and collaborate with the crew during daily huddle to ensure safety, quality and productivity goals are set.
- Prepares surfaces for laying brick, block, or stone, which may include proper installation of wall ties, flashings, and papers to job specific standards
- Prepares mortar to be spread over brick, block, or stone
- Mixes specified amounts of sand, clay or mortar powder with water to form refectory mixtures.
- Stocks material for masons to ensure masons can be productive without wasting material
- Maintains the mixer and forklift
- Operates forklift to move material around the job site safely
- Cleans working surfaces to remove scale, dust, soot or chips of brick, block and stone and mortar using a broom, wire brush and scraper.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or Superintendent
- 3-5 year of equivalent work experience
- Attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness
- Conserves resources and meets productivity set forth by supervisors
- Observes all safety procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- moving mechanical parts/equipment such as saws, forklifts and vehicles
- outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat or cold weather
- work in high, precarious places such as scaffolding and ladders
- fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- risk of electrical shock
- weight of heavy material, such as stone, brick or block
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 120 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel in a repetitive motion; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, including working on hands and knees for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- Wire cutters