Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at gallegos corp
Position Title: Masonry Laborer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Location: Basalt, CO - Denver, CO - Vail, CO - Big Sky, MT
Reporting Relationship: Masonry Foreman and/or Site Superintendent
A Laborer must be able to support the Mason Journeyman with brick, block and/or stone completing custom work on distinctive projects. A Laborer is required to complete work safely, with quality and within productivity specifications as directed by the foreman or superintendent.
- Participate and collaborate with the crew during daily huddle to ensure safety, quality and productivity goals are set.
- Prepares surfaces for laying brick, block, or stone.
- Prepares mortar to be spread over brick, block, or stone
- Mix specified amounts of sand, clay, or mortar powder with water to form refractory mixtures.
- Stocks material for masons
- Maintains the mixer and forklift
- Clean working surface to remove scale, dust, soot, or chips of brick and mortar, using broom, wire brush, or scraper
- Assists mason journeyman with installation of wall ties, flashings and papers to job specifications.
- Erects scaffold to meet safety and job requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or Superintendent
- 1-3 years of equivalent work experience
- Attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness
- Conserves materials and meets productivity set forth by supervisors
- Observes all safety procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses and maintains equipment and materials properly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- moving mechanical parts/equipment such as saws, forklifts and vehicles
- outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat or cold weather
- work in high, precarious places such as scaffolding and ladders
- fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- risk of electrical shock
- weight of heavy material, such as stone, brick or block
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 120 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel in a repetitive motion; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, including working on hands and knees for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- Tape measure
- Wire pliers