Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at gallegos corp
operator must be able to support the Stoneyard and/or Mason crews by driving
gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial equipment with lifting
devices such as spider crane, forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook,
fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull,
lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials. An operator is
required to complete work safely, with quality and within productivity
specifications as directed by the foreman or superintendent.
- Participate and collaborate with the crew during daily
huddle to ensure safety, quality and productivity goals are set.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and
control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions cranes, forks, lifting platform, or other lifting
device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or
materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering
- Inventories materials in work area, and supply workers
with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on
tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets,
skids, or lifting device.
- Maintains forklift by lubricating the truck,
recharging batteries, filling the fuel tank, or replacing liquefied gas
- Erects scaffold to meet safety and job requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or
years of equivalent work experience
Certification required for spider cranes and forklifts. Must be willing to test
for these Certifications if not currently held.
use and understanding of the English language
to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness
materials and meets productivity set forth by supervisors
- Observes all safety procedures, reports potentially
unsafe conditions and uses and maintains equipment and materials properly.
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly exposed to:
- moving mechanical parts/equipment such as saws,
forklifts and vehicles
- outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat or
- work in high, precarious places such as scaffolding
- fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic
- risk of electrical shock
- weight of heavy material, such as stone, brick or
The noise level
in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or
move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 120 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel in a repetitive motion; reach with hands
and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, including
working on hands and knees for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently
required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to