Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at gallegos corp
Position Title: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried
Reporting Relationship: Area Manager
Supervises: Superintendent, Foreman, Journeyman and Laborers
A Project Manager directs the completion of work on projects within masonry, plaster/stucco, concrete, or marble & granite work, which aligns with the mission, vision, values and goals of The Gallegos Corporation. A Project Manager needs to have strong knowledge of the trades which they are managing and demonstrated organizational, leadership, and supervisory skills. The PM exemplifies customer service when dealing directly with the owner, vendors, project superintendents, general contractors, and internal customers in all departments. In addition, this position offers guidance and teaches foreman, journeyman and apprentices regarding how to succeed safely by offering guidance, knowledge and skills on specific areas of expertise in order to grow talent.
- Improve individual safety and productivity in others through teaching proper methods for completing work.
- Balance positive reinforcement with corrections and ask for feedback to improve transfer of knowledge and skills
- Set and communicate safety and productivity goals with all members of crew. Ensure that timely consistent feedback of project progress is communicated with all crew members. Adjust work strategies with crew feedback in order to achieve highest possible productivity, quality, safety, and customer experience
- Confer with foreman/superintendent to analyze staffing needs, recruit, hire, monitor employee performance, train, mentor, document disciplinary issues and make termination decisions.
- Work with accounting, payroll, and HR to ensure budgets are setup and maintained throughout the course of each project and crew members are properly placed and compensated.
- Conduct weekly (Bird Report) and monthly project budget analyses (BTA) to ensure profitability of each project.
- Develop, monitor and communicate the proposed schedule of values with consideration of cash flow, change orders, duration, etc.
- Monitor and manage project billings to facilitate positive cash flow per project
- Create, submit, and track monthly billing for all projects assigned by Regional Manager
- Ensure the highest standard of safety for all employees at all times on his/her projects
- Ensure permits, licenses and other legal paperwork are completed.
- Study all project documents in order to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction in conjunction with field staff recommendations
- Initiate and complete the Pre-Job Planning process with the input of Superintendent and Foreman in order to ensure proper manpower, equipment, and material is in place prior to beginning any work.
- Coordinate with all company leaders through the Short Interval Planning process to schedule proper tools, equipment, and manpower are present throughout the project as requested by the field staff.
- Hold Foremen accountable for adhering to the Short Interval Plan and Daily Huddle processes.
- Initiate and complete the Exit Strategy process with a high level of input from the Superintendent and Foreman in order to complete all projects with minimal punch list and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Participate in and provide un-biased feedback relative to the Post Job Review process
- Confer with and direct superintendent, foreman and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Ensure and track foremen and superintendents are managing company risk through proper project documentation (daily reports and daily huddles).
- Confer with general contractor and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to prevent construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules and estimated productivity and quality.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Regional President, CEO, COO, or CBDO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Extremely strong technical knowledge in a minimum of two Gallegos trades
- 5-10 years of equivalent work experience and/or trade school
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Interest in success of other workers
- OSHA 10 hour certification
- Trade membership, such as AGC or equivalent trade organization
- LEED certification and/or experience
· Advanced Plan reading skills
· Demonstrated Leadership skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially MSExcel and Job Cost specific software, such as Timberline
· Basic understanding and use of the English language. Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred.
· Attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness
· Conserves resources and meets productivity set forth by supervisors
- Observes all safety procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- moving mechanical parts/equipment such as saws, forklifts and vehicles
- outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat or cold weather
- work in high, precarious places such as scaffolding and ladders
- fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- risk of electrical shock
- weight of heavy material, such as stone, brick or block
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 80-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear.