Garden of the Gods Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Host / Hostess
at Garden of the Gods Club
- 23-Jul-2019 to 21-Sep-2019 (MST)
- Food & Beverage
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
POSITION SUMMARY / BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Host / Hostess will greet members and guests entering the restaurant and seat them in a timely manner.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS FORMAL EDUCATION, MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:High school diploma or equivalent
- One year restaurant experience preferred
- Good food and service knowledge
- Pleasant personality and demeanor
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Greet and interact with members and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Seat all members and guests in a timely and courteous fashion. Clear extra settings if not needed. Present menu to each member or guest.
- Answer telephone and take reservations using professional language.
- Be familiar with all property amenities and other restaurants. Volunteer club and resort information to members and guests. Must be knowledgeable about other restaurants, shops and locations on property and about current and/or upcoming events.
- Keep work area / podium clean and organized.
- Menus should be wiped down at the end of each shift and replaced if wrinkled or soiled.
- Communicate with kitchen and staff to ensure steady flow of dining guests.
- Maintain waiting list of members and guests, as needed.
- It is the responsibility of the Host / Hostess to know what tables are available, who is covering each section and how to seat members and guests alternately in each section.
- Be able to handle all member identification cards, credit cards, checks and cash according to procedures, if necessary.
- Assist in other areas of the restaurant, including seating members and guests.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the department.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering assistance when needed.
- Ability to work any assigned shift / work schedule.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by the Dining Room Manager, Restaurants Manager, Director of Food & Beverage (F & B), Owners, the Managing Director (MD) or the Assistant General Manager (AGM).