Garden of the Gods Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Garden of the Gods Club
- 06-Aug-2019 to 05-Oct-2019 (MST)
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- Base + Commission
If you are a passionate, relationship-driven sales professional in search of a long-term, robustly-rewarding career opportunity which enables you to significantly elevate the traditional hospitality experience, then please continue reading.
Perched atop a mesa in Colorado Springs, the Garden of the Gods Collection is a private club and luxury resort that showcases expansive vistas of the Rocky Mountains, snow-capped Pikes Peak, and the awe-inspiring Garden of the Gods Park, a treasured National Natural Landmark. Boasting a legendary history, the Collection has played host to some of America's most beloved characters such as Walt Disney, Gene Autry, Robert Mitchum, John Wayne, and singer Rudy Vallee, just to name a few. Today, the same beautiful setting that once drew the famous continues to beckon to all kinds of travelers seeking both a unique experience coupled with an atmosphere of refined relaxation.
While heritage and legacy are the foundation of the Garden of the Gods Collection, our team is our heart. Here, in this one-of-a-kind, awe-inspiring place, we are family - we care for, develop and invest in our fellow team members. With the addition of the International Health & Wellness Center (IHWC), our members and guests can experience an integrated Eastern and Western philosophy, focusing on a proactive health and wellbeing. Our team member's health and wellness also matters to us, so much so that we offer extended health and wellness benefits as well as long-term development opportunities to our full-time employees.
We are seeking fellow team members who are intent on enriching the service experience beyond any in our region. If this opportunity calls your name, then we want to hear from you. Please apply today and explore the employment opportunities with the award-winning Garden of the Gods Collection.
Position Summary: To research, prospect, map and identify new group business opportunities for the property in catering, membership and group sales. Manages a sales territory / segment and achieve or exceed yearly room night and revenue goals by developing global accounts and business opportunities.
- Manages market territory based on annual room night and revenue target. This includes identifying potential group business, negotiating room nights and rate, and closing the deal with a signed contract.
- Prospects for clients using multiple sources. Solicits group-meeting business through various forms of marketing.
- Identifies, researches, prospects, and maps key accounts to develop new business.
- Performs market research, utilizing print or electronic resources to identify prospective clients. Provides timely, organized, and well-documented research to Director of Sales and Marketing and other team members for follow-up.
- Remains current on industry trends and economic indicators. Uses pertinent information to aid in the development of strategies to target new business.
- Participates in industry related professional organizations, attends trade shows and conducts sales trips. Represents the organization at property sponsored functions and/or related events.
- Maintains the integrity of sales and marketing databases.
- Completes weekly sales reports and other departmental reports as designated.
- Works with Conference Sales Managers, other Sales Managers, and Revenue Manager to assure maximum utilization of facility.
- Attends weekly sales meeting, training programs, and other meetings as designated.
- Works with the Director of Sales and Marketing on direct initiatives to increase identified business and projects supporting the development of new business. Shares uncovered new business development opportunities.
- Provides feedback relating to guest comments, observations, rumors, industry news, etc.
- Conduct onsite property tours.
- Entertain clients on and off property.
- Maintain current knowledge of competition.
- Assists with and completes special projects and assignments as designated by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Minimum Knowledge - Requires thorough knowledge of a specialized or technical field. May compile objective and measurable data and produce reports. May require operating knowledge of manufacturing or computer equipment, or may require broad knowledge in clerical or service areas.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience - This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of five (5) years job-related experience.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required - Valid Driver's License
External and Internal Personal Contact:
Communications Daily - Verbal and written; participating in meetings
Weekly - Conducting meetings / leading group discussions
Occasionally - Consulting to others; making formal presentations and speeches
Teamwork and Collaboration - This job is part of a formal work team within the department. Is a team member, but is not responsible or accountable for the team's activities.
Use of Judgment:
Problem Solving: Identifiable – Information is clear but further investigation often is required in order to define problems and proceed. Often requires modifying existing procedures / precedents within established policy.
Guidance - General guidelines and references are used with some discretion. Projects are assigned with latitude for decision making and setting of priorities. Specific problems should be referred to supervisor for clarification of policies and procedures before proceeding.