Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Health & Safety and Sustainability Professional
at Geosyntec Consultants
Looking for a place to advance your career? A place where you can work with industry-recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental, health & safety and sustainability (EHSS) performance and compliance problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As a practitioner in our EHSS practice, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge to real-world situations while also expanding the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. This position, based in our Greenwood Village, Colorado office, is ideal for individuals seeking to advance a career involving EHSS performance, compliance, permitting, auditing, and management systems.
Our clients ask us to address their most challenging problems involving EHSS performance and compliance, natural resource use, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for this position could include:
- Preparing technical reports, permit applications, and compliance and compliance monitoring plans, such as those required under the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA), Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and Mine Safety and Health Act (MHSA);
- Performing on-site multi-media audits and monitoring follow-up corrective actions;
- Designing, implementing, and auditing management systems;
- Supporting litigation support projects; and
- Business development support, including client interactions participating in professional organizations; and preparing proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. As you advance to this next stage of your career, you should expect to collaborate with experienced professionals who will help you integrate into the firm. Depending on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on task management responsibilities. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, MSHA mining safety, first aid, and CPR training as well as medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, which allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork including overnight travel: Up to 50%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in environmental science, environmental management/sustainability, environmental/civil/chemical engineering or geology. (required)
- Advanced degree in the same. (preferred)
- 4-7 years of experience working in a consulting, manufacturing or industrial environment, with a working knowledge of industrial processes and their impacts to the environment and employee health & safety. (required)
- Familiarity with USEPA, OSHA, MSHA, and state EH&S regulations and understanding of the environmental permit application and compliance and performance monitoring processes. (required)
- Experience developing, auditing, and/or maintaining corporate management and industry standards. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (preferred)
- Ability to work independently from remote client locations. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handle multiple project assignments, meet strict deadlines, and travel to client facilities. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to advance a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: ENVIR01972