Grant Thornton International Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Advisory Services Manager
at Grant Thornton International Ltd
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move.As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients inmore than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be aleader.
AccountingAdvisory Services Manager
GrantThornton understands how important audited financial statements are tobusinesses, shareholders/ owners, lenders, investors and other stakeholders. Wework with some of the country's most successful private and public companies tofirst understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus ourefforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overallfinancial reporting processes and to help them better understand theirbusinesses. We also consider it our job to continually inform our clients aboutaccounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect theirbusinesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee theefforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with theability to manage to budget.
- Maintain activecommunication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, andlead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, workwith, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvementand process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Team withpartners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls. Understandand manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Manage, develop,train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement andyear-end reviews.
- Activelyparticipate in recruiting talent to the firm.
- Attendprofessional development, networking events and training seminars on a regularbasis. Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict clientconfidentiality.
- Other duties asassigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, finance, mathematics, or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial statement audits, accounting advisory services, or corporate accounting/finance center of excellence experience focusing on complex accounting transactions;
- Active CPA license required.
- Strong technical skills and deep understanding of at least one to two specific industries or marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members
Preferred Knowledge Areas
- Accounting standards including ASC 606 and/or ASC 842
- Complex debt, equity and employee compensation topics
- IPO process or other capital transactions such as debt offerings or private placements Organizational restructuring including acquisitions, carve-outs or spin-offs and post deal accounting
- GAAP conversions
- Financial instruments
- Travel Percentage 50%
- Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.