Grant Thornton International Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Audit Senior Associate
at Grant Thornton International Ltd
AUDIT SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Grant Thornton understands how important audited financial statements are to businesses, shareholders/owners, lenders, investors and other stakeholders. We work with some of the country's most successful private and public companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus our efforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes and to help them better understand their businesses. We also consider it our job to continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect their businesses.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing financial audits and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statements and audit- and tax-related issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. 150 semester hours of education preferred and a CPA or eligibility to sit is highly desirable.
- Two to four years of progressive public accounting experience with in-charge auditing.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Travel Percentage: 40%
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the U.S. and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.