GRIFOLS USA , LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Manager for Plasma Center
at GRIFOLS USA , LLC
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. Our three divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital – develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Job Title: CENTER QUALITY MANAGER
Evaluates processes, develops action plans, and coordinates the strategic implementation of system processes and corrective actions.
Primary Responsibilities for Role:
- Independent level of quality inspection and control – ensures center compliance with quality standards and regulations.
- Collaborates with Center Managers to ensure product quality, donor suitability and donor safety.
- Directs and monitors processes and ensures center compliance with all applicable state, federal, and company-designated regulations.
- Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are properly interpreted, implemented in a timely fashion, and that the staff performs according to all SOPs.
- Interprets and implements processes, regulations and SOPs for quality control and overall regulatory compliance, making independent decisions and modifications as required.
- Oversight of all aspects of internal and external audits including execution (if applicable). This includes documentation, review of and preparation of the response. Also includes implementation of corrective and preventative action, assessment of corrective and preventative actions and follow-up as required.
- Continuously assesses, promotes, and improves the effectiveness of the quality systems in the donor center through recognition of trends, investigation of failures in the execution of procedures, direct employee observation and review of center documents.
- Responsible for the personnel functions of the Quality Associate(s); including direction, assignment of work, hiring, development and training, disciplinary actions, termination, maintenance of all personnel records, management of work schedule and delegation/follow-up of tasks.
- Oversees product and biohazard waste shipments: Ensures shipments meet regulatory specifications and product release requirements; ensures accurate labeling and documentation; and, authorizes final shipment.
- Performs a review of the documentation of unsuitable test results and the disposition of the associated results.
- Works in collaboration with the Center Manager to develop the staff’s knowledge of their job function and how their performance relates to the end product and patient.
- Documents, investigates, and performs root cause analysis for deviations and customer complaints, specifically in how they relate to the safety of the donor and the quality of the product.
Other Responsibilities for Role:
- Documents and tracks/trends center quality incidents and follows-up on incidents/errors as required; reports critical incidents and problematic trends to Center Manager.
- Reports compliance status to necessary parties.
- Ensures accuracy of donor files.
- Ensures that all supplies and materials ordered meet quality requirements prior to use and are stored in appropriate temperature/facility conditions at all times. Initiates appropriate investigations if these requirements are not met. Initiates rejection of supplies for non-conformance.
- Directs the maintenance and calibration of equipment and documentation of procedures.
- Ensures that Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) proficiency test surveys, complaint investigations, and training have been properly documented.
- Monitors training documents to ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensures that job and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) training is completed, documented, and on file.
- Tracks/Trends and performs follow-up on corrective and preventative actions, system implementations, and process improvement plans to measure/determine effectiveness. Makes adjustments where required.
- Ensures that quality control (QC) checks are performed as required and are in acceptable ranges for test reagents.
- QM directs routine verification of the SOP and forms to ensure that they are up to date in the Donor Center’s manual.
- Partners with the Center Manager to determine donor suitability activities and manages donor deferrals as appropriate.
- Prepares quality analysis reports to track issues and set goals. Does in depth research and analysis to resolve systemic compliance issues.
- Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the Center to support long-term donation.
- Reviews and approves of deferred donor reinstatement activities.
- Performs a review of lookback information.
- Performs a review of medical incident reports and the applicable related documentation.
- Leads projects and initiatives for the region and division.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent.
- Certified and proficient in quality and compliance.
- Works toward certification from American Society for Quality to be a Certified Quality Auditor.
- Works toward certification as a Designated Trainer for quality area is required.
- Typically requires 2-5 years of related experience in a medical and/or cGMP regulated environment.
- Experience with plasma or whole blood.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Command of interpersonal communication, organizational and problem-solving abilities. Ability to understand and assess FDA regulations. Strong integrity and commitment to quality and compliance. Full command of mathematics. Legible handwriting. High level of proficiency with computers. Proficient in root cause analysis and corrective/preventative actions. Ability to balance multiple competing priorities. Strong time management abilities. Proven ability to maintain a high level of quality and compliance and to become a valuable member of the center leadership team. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to travel when needed for meetings, events, and occasional support of other centers.
Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32*, miscellaneous production Chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
#CB2019, #BiomatUSA #GrifolsJobs
Grifols is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans
We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our donors/customers.”
Address: 8800 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215
Center Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BiomatLakewood/
Contact: Alex S. Contreras, HR Staffing Partner III - (323) 441-7952 [Click Here To Join]
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/grifolsplasma1940/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grifols/
To find more jobs with Grifols: https://grifols.jobs
Across three major divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic, and Hospital – Grifols is a leading healthcare company with a global reach that extends to more than 100 countries. Our innovative products and services focus on life-saving protein therapies for patients around the world. As our company continues to grow, we are searching for capable, compassionate individuals who are ready to thrive in an environment that challenges their skills and rewards their performance.
Here at Grifols, we believe that it takes more than a solid paycheck to recruit and retain a stellar staff. As a result, we’re committed to creating a culture that fosters diversity and supports the goals of each and every valued member of our team. As a Grifols associate, you’ll enjoy highly competitive compensation and a comprehensive total rewards package that offers medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as a strong 401(k) retirement savings plan.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.