King Soopers & City Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Help - Nights
at King Soopers & City Market
General Help - Nights
Date: Mar 3, 2019
Location:Denver, CO, US, 80223
Company Name: King Soopers Bakery Plant
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for effectively performing a variety of positions throughout the facility in a safe, effective, and accurate manner while following procedures and processes, and maintaining and improving the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Clean all equipment properly and timely to ensure safe quality products.
- Operate all clean in place (CIP) and clean out of place (COP) systems as necessary.
- Clean machinery, facility structures such as racking, windows, walls and exterior of plant.
- Ensure all chemicals, buckets and pumps are properly tagged according to safety requirements.
- Complete routine paperwork and data entry.
- Assist machine operators in gathering production supplies, packaging materials and loading equipment, including dumping boxes and lifting stacks of cardboard.
- Assist in hand-packing and hand-stacking product/cases onto pallets.
- Safely operate cardboard baler, bottle bagger/de-bagger and other equipment.
- Empty and dispose of outdated product in accordance with established guidelines.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 2+ years manufacturing experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Keywords: Production, Manufacturing, Machine Operator
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 60 Yuma St || 80223 || King Soopers Bakery Plant || None || Manufacturing; Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Information Systems, Food Safety, Engineering, Legal, Technology, Quality, Night